Windows 10: After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login

Discus and support After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got the October update for Win10 that supposedly fixed a problem with the "block 3rd party cookies" feature and now I can't sign in to sites that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeffScotty, Oct 10, 2018.

1. After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login

I got the October update for Win10 that supposedly fixed a problem with the "block 3rd party cookies" feature and now I can't sign in to sites that require a 3rd party user ID and password. This effects services like professional sites that use your login from work and television networks that allow you to watch online with your cable or satellite TV provider password/user ID. These services have worked well for over a year without issue. Of course the cable support people say it's a problem with the Windows update and the IT guys at work won't even speak of anything offsite. Any ideas on a remedy?

:)

JeffScotty, Oct 10, 2018

2. Must Kill XP Login Icon

Auto Login? and you can use third party program to make the boot image/screen all black. It should, depending on your system speed, display the old style login menu for 1/4 of a second and then you're in.

So it would be old style NT login, with auto-login enabled. The icons dissapear as well.

newconroer, Oct 10, 2018
  3. xorbe Win User
    NVIDIA GeForce Experience Gets UI Update, Won't Work Without Login

Imagine if every driver required a login. They'd make you login to breathe air if they could.

xorbe, Oct 10, 2018
  4. BarniT Win User

After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login

WIN10 Login Password- VPN

1. Upgraded from WIN7 - computer is set to auto login into net through a VPN, ethernet connection.

2. WIN7 was not set to have a login for access to computer.

3. WIN10 login is requesting a login to access computer - obviously through the net.

4. Cannot login as no ethernet connection due to VPN login not being activated - because cannot login in to computer through WIN10 login etc

5. I did not specify a WIN10 login on startup - but - did download from MS site Solitaire and Freecell (both requiring a MS account)-has this activated a WIN10 login request.

6. How do I get into my computer to remove the WIN10 login.

7. Have read several online articles that recommend using WINRE - as this is the registry! how do I get to it without having to go through the WIN10 login?

Barni

BarniT, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login

1. After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login - Similar Threads - Win10 October 2018

2. Login required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  3. Require login??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require login??: I've asked this question previously last April https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7. The topic has been closed so I can't reply to it.The replies were appreciated and let me set...
  4. Unable to Open Any 3rd Party Sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Open Any 3rd Party Sites: I can´t open any application that are not owned by Microsoft. Ok so I shut down my laptop. Then the next day my logitech 203 lightsync mouse has the default light order, as I use a fixed lime lime color with no flashing light but lime. I open my laptop up as usual and open up...
  5. Can't login after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login after updates: After microsoft updates, my pc doesn't accept my PIN or MS pw. All are typed in correctly. Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-after-updates/b5cdc2f4-73ce-4f4d-9c98-01145a79b83e
  6. Can't login after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login after update.: So every time I update Windows 10 I always seem to have a problem logging back in. The update loads, it restarts, I get to the login screen and type in my password, only to have the loading icon freeze next to the Welcome. Usually, I'd go through the hassle of uninstalling...
  7. 3rd party sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd party sites: Why can I not access websites that are emailed to me. For example,,, if someone emails me a money transfer,,, it will not open to the banking page. If "Prevention" sends me a link to health topic,,,, I cannot open it. Please help! :-...
  8. Licence from 3rd party sites.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licence from 3rd party sites.: Hi. Can anybody tell me if buying a licence key for windows or office from a 3rd party site eg. urcdkey is legal/genuine? And can such a licence key be used by a business or not?...
  9. Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't control the brightness after October 2018 update: Hi there! I bought my Asus laptop just recently and it came with Windows 10 preinstalled. It worked just fine until I did an update a couple days ago. So here is the problem - after I start using my laptop everything works perfectly, but after a certain amount of time all...
  10. I cannot login to websites with 3rd party login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot login to websites with 3rd party login: After the update in October I cannot login to the websites using the 3rd party user ID and password. As a result I cannot get access to the sites I need for my professional activity and TV media sites. Before this update I hadn’t met any problems with the access. I sent an...