Windows 10: After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

Discus and support After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xenoid, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Xenoid Win User

After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

Hello,

I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to press the button for it to wake up. I've tried looking with "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", but can't tell if there is any device that would work. When I was upgrading to Windows 10, it told me to uninstall Samsung Easy Settings, since it's no longer supported and I think this might be related.
    Could someone help me on the matter?

:)

Xenoid, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

White square on lock screen

What happens if you disable the option of opening the lid to wake the computer, and if you let some other ordinary action such as a key stroke, or mouse movement, wake up the machine?

How do I wake my laptop when you open the lid from Sleep?

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-wake-my-laptop-when-you-open-the-lid-from-Sleep

Linney, Aug 4, 2016
  3. How to set what opening the lid does (windows 10)

How do I make so that opening the lid on my Toshiba windows 10 laptop, wake it up from sleep? It is set to go to sleep when it's not charging, and lid is closed. So how do I make it wake up when I open the lid? This option should be right by the option
    for closing the lid, but it's not.

JosephStalter, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Check under power options>change what happens when opening lid.

Bastet, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Xenoid Win User
    Hello Doctor9fan,

Unfortunately, it is not present in Power Options, even if I press "Change settings that are currently unavailable".

Xenoid, Aug 4, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    They're usually on the left-hand side of the screen along with other options for sleep button etc.
    Not at my laptop so cannot provide screenshot but I can when I get home.

Bastet, Aug 4, 2016
  7. Xenoid Win User
    Please, do so, when you get home, because I cannot find anything about opening lid. Only options I have are "Choose what closing the lid does", and it doesn't have anything related to opening lid.

Xenoid, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Bastet Win User

That's probably it I was thinking of. Sorry. You could still check under that as it may be set to hybrid sleep.

Bastet, Aug 4, 2016
  9. Xenoid Win User
    Turning Hybrid Sleep on and off didn't change anything.

While asking here, I was searching for other solutions myself. Surprisingly, installing Samsung Settings for Windows 8 solved opening lid problem, along with "Not Charging" and function keys (Fn) not working. Downside is, it's starting up much slower than before installation. Unfortunately, Samsung ceased my laptop support, despite it being only 4 years old model.
    I cannot uninstall Samsung Settings either, it says, installer was blocked, because it is not trusted.

Xenoid, Aug 4, 2016
  10. mruth Win User
    I bought a new convertible laptop and it didn't wake up when I open the lid. I've tried all the suggested solutions with the Power Management setting, I still wanted my laptop to go to sleep when I close the lid.
    The only solution that worked for me finally relates to an issue with the usb driver.
    Go to Device Manager->Universal Serial Bus Controller and select the "intel usb 3.0 extensible host" .
    Open its Properties->Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device...".
    If you don't have this usb item it is probably another one that cause the problem. some forum threads suggest to do this uncheck to all usb devices.
    Finally my laptop wake up when I open it ! *

mruth, Sep 25, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid - Similar Threads - Win10 Upgrade laptop

2. how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11: I have a new Acer Swift 1 with Windows 11. Everything is great except when I shut the lid and reopen the keyboard lights up but the screen is blank. I have tried looking at change power options etc but i can't find anywhere in the control panel to allow the screen to ping...
  3. how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to wake up computer when opening lid windows 11: I have a new Acer Swift 1 with Windows 11. Everything is great except when I shut the lid and reopen the keyboard lights up but the screen is blank. I have tried looking at change power options etc but i can't find anywhere in the control panel to allow the screen to ping...
  4. Start up when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start up when opening the lid: My Windows 10 laptop has worked wonderfully until recently. Whenever I open the lid, it used to restart instantly. Now--nothing. I have to turn on the power button and wait for it to reboot. What has changed? How do I fix this? The only info I can find is regarding...
  5. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  6. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  7. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  8. HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened

HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened: How to fix an HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened. Running Windows 10 64 Bit Home up to date updates and drivers. Have to hard reboot to wake up screen....
  9. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?: I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid when in sleep mode, but not for hibernation. I have tried: Power Options > System Settings > When i close the lid > do...
  10. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep: I did refresh my Windows 10 with the media creation tool. But no luck. All updates are there. When I close the lid of my laptop it goed in to hibernation / sleeping mode. I open the lid later and press the power buton to get my laptop back to life. It start up and screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lid open doesnt wake up laptop

2. windows 10 doesnt wake up when open lid or toaching keyboard

3. laptop doesnt wake up when lid is opened

4. windows 10 doesnt wake after opening lid