Windows 10: After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...

Discus and support After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello...I just had a Windows update last night. When i got up this morning, my Razer 7.1 surround headphones didn't work. I checked around and it turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen r1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...

Hello...I just had a Windows update last night. When i got up this morning, my Razer 7.1 surround headphones didn't work. I checked around and it turns out my sound, instead of being routed through "Speakers: 7.1 surround" is now routed through "Speakers: Realtek high def.". How do I get my sound back to 7.1 surround? In my Razer app., 7.1 surround is no longer available in the output selection. What do I do.Thank you...Stephen

:)

Stephen r1, Aug 10, 2022

2. Headphones no longer work

Hi Orville,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how something like this can really try your patience. I am going to do my best to make sure you receive all the help you need in the community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the computer and the headphone?
    2. What happens when you try to connect the headphone?
    3. Which Update was installed recently?
    4. What happens when you try to run Open Office and AVG antivirus?
    5. Have you tried connecting headphones on the different ports?
    Regarding the issue with the headphones, please try the below suggested steps to fix the issue with the headphone.

Method 1: Set headphones as the playback device

1. Right click on the Volume icon which is there are on the taskbar notifications.
    2. Click on Sound and click on Playback tab.
    3. Right click on the same Window and click on show Disabled devices.
    4. Now check if headphones are listed there, right click on it and choose Enable.
    5. Highlight that headphone and click on Set as Default.
    Please refer the section My Headphones/Speakers/Bluetooth won’t Play/Switch! From the article

Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips

to fix the issue.

You can also refer the article Fix
    sound problems in Windows 10
    for more information about the audio issue.

Hope it helps.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 10, 2022
  3. No Virtual Surround With New Headphone From Amazon

These headphones from Amazon (see Link) are supposed to have 7.1 virtual surround sound. It only shows as a stereo device in Windows 10 (build 18363.535)

It is a model EasyAcc G941 (or EasyAcc 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound USB Gaming Headphones).

After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work... [​IMG]

only Stereo (EasyAcc Driver)

7.1 (here MSI DS502 driver stock photo)

I have since found out it is sold under a variety of brands. For instance: MSI DS502 and by SADES.

I tried installing all these drivers (and of course the EasyAcc driver) and they are identical except for the brand logo. The driver is always a C-Media driver with version 8.1.12.26 and a driver date from 2015. All the controls are locked down or invisible except for stereo left/right volume control. In Windows 10, it shows as a stereo device in control panel.

control panel

device manager

How can I make this work with 7.1 surround sound?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I've found the missing controls:

Needed to right click the speaker symbol. So, completely counter intuitive. Like so many apps from Asian hardware manufacturers. Reminds me of my GeForce over-clocking tool.

However now it still registers in Windows as a stereo device. How can any app or game output to it in 7.1? I don't think it can.

I guess my question now is: Any headphones with virtual surround should register in Windows as a 5.1 or 7.1 device. Is this correct?

Ben Hastings, Aug 10, 2022
  4. After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...

1. After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work... - Similar Threads - Window update surround

2. After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...: Hello...I just had a Windows update last night. When i got up this morning, my Razer 7.1 surround headphones didn't work. I checked around and it turns out my sound, instead of being routed through "Speakers: 7.1 surround" is now routed through "Speakers: Realtek high def."....
  3. After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Window update 7.1 surround headphones no longer work...: Hello...I just had a Windows update last night. When i got up this morning, my Razer 7.1 surround headphones didn't work. I checked around and it turns out my sound, instead of being routed through "Speakers: 7.1 surround" is now routed through "Speakers: Realtek high def."....
  4. Headphones not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working after windows update.: Good day everyone.Yesterday, I installed the new windows 11 update just before i shutdown my machine.Today i turned it on again but my headphones do not seem to work, nor does anything I plug into the sound port.I tried restarting my computer several times, ran the...
  5. Headphones not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working after windows update.: Good day everyone.Yesterday, I installed the new windows 11 update just before i shutdown my machine.Today i turned it on again but my headphones do not seem to work, nor does anything I plug into the sound port.I tried restarting my computer several times, ran the...
  6. Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update

Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update: Since the last big Windows update, my bluetooth mouse works fine, but I can no longer connect to any bluetooth headphones - I have tried the headphones I was using prior to the update and have purchased a brand new set of headphones to no avail. They will pair with my phone...
  7. Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update

Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update: Since the last big Windows update, my bluetooth mouse works fine, but I can no longer connect to any bluetooth headphones - I have tried the headphones I was using prior to the update and have purchased a brand new set of headphones to no avail. They will pair with my Samsung...
  8. Headphones not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones not working after windows update.: So my windows updated last night (Without warning me about it, as per usual. As if this updates ever did any good...) and once the laptop was back up and running my headphones were no longer working on it. I will plug them in and sometimes I get a notification that I have in...
  9. Headphones no longer work

Headphones no longer work: After an up date my headphones will no longer work. It does not matter if I plug them into the speakers that do work or the headphone jack on the front panel. When I restarted my computer to see if that would help, it came on with auto repair message and reset my computer...
  10. Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?

Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?: Hello, guys! I finally decided to contribute to this sub-reddit with the above mentioned question since I basically tested much of what's published elsewhere and really nothing worked. Windows does not detect my headphones no matter what I do. A short list as follows: -...