Windows 10: After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system

Discus and support After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]issue show in figure and seen from a long time within 30 min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pritam1bnk, Aug 7, 2019.

1. After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system

After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system [​IMG]issue show in figure and seen from a long time within 30 min

:)

Pritam1bnk, Aug 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 7, 2019
  3. 2 operating systems

Hi Mohammad,

As you are facing issues with booting the operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Before proceeding further I would like to know the below information.

• Have you installed any Operating system on Volume 3?

• Have you installed Windows 10 by performing clean installation, or with the dual boot?

• Let us know, if you are able to boot into both the Operating system on Volume 3 and Volume 5?

• If you don’t want Volume 3 to be booted, then you may go ahead and format the Volume 3.
    Note: If there is any important data on Volume 3 then, request you to take the backup and then format.

Please revert back with the detailed information, so that we would assist you better.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Aug 7, 2019
  4. After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system

1. After window update facing issues in dual boot operating system - Similar Threads - window update facing

2. Facing Problems With Windows Dual-Boot Installation .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Problems With Windows Dual-Boot Installation .: Hello, I've Been Facing Problems With Windows Dual-Boot ! Whenever I Try To Install Windows, I Enter The Setup Of Windows From BIOS Boot Configuration, I Face Problems As It Says "Drivers Not Found" While Choosing Advanced Option the option in which we create, delete the...
  3. Facing Problems With Windows Dual-Boot Installation .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing Problems With Windows Dual-Boot Installation .: Hello, I've Been Facing Problems With Windows Dual-Boot ! Whenever I Try To Install Windows, I Enter The Setup Of Windows From BIOS Boot Configuration, I Face Problems As It Says "Drivers Not Found" While Choosing Advanced Option the option in which we create, delete the...
  4. Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.: Hey, I am using Windows 10 home single language 64 bit which is activated by an OEM key. I am planning to create a dual boot of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I have the license key for Windows 8.1. My question is that Will it affect my activation? In future if I uninstall...
  5. Dual operating systems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual operating systems.: Hi there, is it possible to have two windows 10 operating systems installed on the same drive that operate independently from each other? The aim here is to be able to do a pc reset on one operating system whilst leaving the other untouched. This has got nothing to do with...
  6. Dual Boot Only Boots Into Default OS- "Choose Operating System" broken

Dual Boot Only Boots Into Default OS- "Choose Operating System" broken: I have a dual boot system, and at the blue selection screen "Choose Operating System", it offers the choice between two builds of Win10. Before an update 'broke' it, I would just click on which OS I wanted, and it would boot into that OS. Now, it only allows me to boot into...
  7. adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system

adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system: I'd like to add Windows 10 (USB home version) as dual boot operating system. Simple reason is because I'm using software (Vista sp2) that doesn't offer driver support for M-audio devices (Firewire 1814) in conjunction with ProTools for Win 10; and still need to use it....
  8. Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot: I tried dual booting Fedora and Windows 10. While installation I think I messed something up and maybe formatted my boot partition which I was sure I did not but maybe I did accidentally. So because of that, whenever I start my computer I get the "Missing Operating...
  9. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  10. Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present

in Windows 10 Support
    Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present: Hey guys, first time here. I recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. I have had everything activate properly. I then decided to do a fresh install of windows 10. I loaded boot media on my pc and everything went fine. Now with the fresh install of windows 10, at boot up,...