Windows 10: After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.

Discus and support After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just after I reset my Lenovo Laptop as suggested by Autoupdate, I cannot log in to Windows 11. It says that Windows 11 does not recognize my PIN.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dinijanto, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Dinijanto Win User

After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.

Just after I reset my Lenovo Laptop as suggested by Autoupdate, I cannot log in to Windows 11. It says that Windows 11 does not recognize my PIN. Alternative login using fingerprints also fail. When I try to reset my PIN, it is said that Windows 11 does not have utility to do so and ask permission to download it from Microsoft site. When I give the permission nothing happens. I'm stuck in the login page.Please help, I have tones of data/files in there to work with.

:)

Dinijanto, Mar 7, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 7, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 7, 2022
  4. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

1. After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints. - Similar Threads - Window Update doesn't

2. Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more: My Hp elite 840 g5 won't recognize my password and I've been stuck trying to get into my pc. What can I do...? I've tried resetting my Microsoft password still won't open my pc...
  3. Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more: My Hp elite 840 g5 won't recognize my password and I've been stuck trying to get into my pc. What can I do...? I've tried resetting my Microsoft password still won't open my pc...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my fingerprint sign-on after a day or two.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize my fingerprint sign-on after a day or two.: Hello, does anyone else have trouble with Windows 10 not recognizing my fingerprint after a short time? I keep having to re-enroll new fingerprints every two or three days in order to use my fingerprint mouse for Windows 10 sign-on. It is extremely irritating for Windows to...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my fingerprint sign-on after a day or two.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize my fingerprint sign-on after a day or two.: Hello, does anyone else have trouble with Windows 10 not recognizing my fingerprint after a short time? I keep having to re-enroll new fingerprints every two or three days in order to use my fingerprint mouse for Windows 10 sign-on. It is extremely irritating for Windows to...
  6. Windows 11 fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fingerprint and pin: When I turn my laptop on I can log in just fine with my fingerprint or pin but when I put my laptop to sleep and re open it I get an error code. "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80280013. Click to set up your PIN again." Then it tells me to reset my...
  7. Windows 11 fingerprint and pin

Windows 11 fingerprint and pin: When I turn my laptop on I can log in just fine with my fingerprint or pin but when I put my laptop to sleep and re open it I get an error code. "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80280013. Click to set up your PIN again." Then it tells me to reset my...
  8. After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.

After Window Update, Windows 11 doesn't recognize my PIN and Fingerprints.: Just after I reset my Lenovo Laptop as suggested by Autoupdate, I cannot log in to Windows 11. It says that Windows 11 does not recognize my PIN. Alternative login using fingerprints also fail. When I try to reset my PIN, it is said that Windows 11 does not have utility to do...
  9. Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint

Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint: Every time I redo it, it always goes fine until up to the last two bars, then it just stops working [ATTACH] It goes up to this area every single time...
  10. Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.

Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.: Hello, I just bought a used HP elitebook 840 G2 which has a fingerprint sensor, I tried to link it to windows hello but couldn't. Tried to check if my fingerprint sensor drivers are up to date but couldn't even find one so I installed it from the windows website. Now that I...