Windows 10: After Windows 10 1809 Update write speed to USB3 RAID5 dropped from 200MB/sec to 5mb/sec

Discus and support After Windows 10 1809 Update write speed to USB3 RAID5 dropped from 200MB/sec to 5mb/sec in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yeah, well I already tried anything but kicking Windows 10 and reinstalling Windows 7. The read speeds are over 200MB/sec like before, but the write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeXuS23-[xboxvenue], Feb 7, 2019.

1. After Windows 10 1809 Update write speed to USB3 RAID5 dropped from 200MB/sec to 5mb/sec

Yeah, well I already tried anything but kicking Windows 10 and reinstalling Windows 7.

The read speeds are over 200MB/sec like before, but the write speed doesn't go over max 7mb/sec after 1809 update.

Nothing changed apart of the 1809 Update, so I guess there's a bug in the USB3 Drivers now.

Of course I can't work like this, I use that Raid5 for big Videofiles and 5mb/sec is unusable for that, so if that's not gonna be fixed asap I'm forced to reinstall Windows 7 and once done I for sure won't install Windows 10 anymore.

Because I'm really tired of that sort of issues, the spectre&meltdown performance issues that broken Video Recording was already enough, so if now a USB3 Driver bug again breaks my Video Recording and there's no fix asap, i say good bye to Windows 10.

Best Regards

:)

NeXuS23-[xboxvenue], Feb 7, 2019

2. How can you download windows 10 (4gb) when microsoft download speed is 40 kb\sec?

Microsoft claim they cannot increase download speed above 40 kb\sec. My connection speed is approx. 54 mb\sec

Impossible to download windows 10 under these conditions.

AndrewLilley, Feb 7, 2019
  3. MattP73 Win User
    Slow network transfer speeds between windows 10 pro build 1809 machines

Hi,

Thanks for your help I tried your advice but it didn't resolve the problem. As I mentioned there doesn't appear to be a problem with the hardware as I can transfer files at full speed to non Windows 10 pro 1809 build machines on the network. The problem
    only occurs on Windows 10 to Windows 10 machines, for example I can copy to a Linux box at full speed (8.9MB/sec) then copy from the Linux box at full speed on the two different Windows 10 pro 1809 build machines but if I want to copy directly to a Windows
    10 machine it will copy at 365KB/sec

MattP73, Feb 7, 2019
  4. treyswild Win User

After Windows 10 1809 Update write speed to USB3 RAID5 dropped from 200MB/sec to 5mb/sec

Windows 10 extremely slow file transfer speeds

I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to windows 10 the file transfer speeds went to 5-8MB/sec. Internet speed is unaffected. I have followed many forums and tried every suggestion and nothing has resolved this issue. The last big windows 10 update did slow down the native windows 10 machine from 70-90MB/sec to 50-60MB/sec. Also, the native Win 10 machine is connecting via wifi and others via ethernet (wired)
    Any new ideas? Yes, latest drivers. Yes, Large Offload is disabled and many other suggestions.

treyswild, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 1809 Update write speed to USB3 RAID5 dropped from 200MB/sec to 5mb/sec

1. After Windows 10 1809 Update write speed to USB3 RAID5 dropped from 200MB/sec to 5mb/sec - Similar Threads - 1809 Update write

2. How to fix the problem of Phone Link dropping out after about 10 secs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the problem of Phone Link dropping out after about 10 secs?: Phone Link used to work OK. But it's now become unusable on my Galaxy A13, because it stays connected for 10 secs, sometimes less. The phone seems to stay connected to Wifi and WhatsApp stays connected, so why not Phone Link?...
  3. How to fix the problem of Phone Link dropping out after about 10 secs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the problem of Phone Link dropping out after about 10 secs?: Phone Link used to work OK. But it's now become unusable on my Galaxy A13, because it stays connected for 10 secs, sometimes less. The phone seems to stay connected to Wifi and WhatsApp stays connected, so why not Phone Link?...
  4. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  5. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  6. After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After connecting to wifi it runs properly for 5 secs then wifi speed reduced to 10% and...: When properly working:barikd_c406 5G Internet accessBut after few secs :HssStore 1 Internet accessbarikd_c406 5G No Internet accessAnd speed becomes very slow...
  7. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs: Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5 secs) to not very speedy at all (around 50 secs). I have run the WPA and produced a log, but I'm not really experienced...
  8. Browsers crash after 60 secs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash after 60 secs: Hello - edge is crashing repeatedly after 60 seconds. This behavior is completely new after i upgraded win10 yesterday January 16, 2021, 11:36 am Stefano It’s KB4598242...
  9. Disk usage is at 100% with only ~5mb/sec of usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage is at 100% with only ~5mb/sec of usage: I tried defragging my HDD and tried updating all my drivers, but the Disk usage keeps hitting 100%. CPU and GPU are both <5% and the Network and memory are both 30%<60%....
  10. Updated to Windows 10 from 7. Pages close after :60 sec

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to Windows 10 from 7. Pages close after :60 sec: Hello, I updated from Windows 7 to 10 a few days back and I am having an issue with pages closing after :60 seconds. If If I go into DOS, the command windows will stay open. I've tried a clean boot and it doesn't help. Any suggestions? 38214