Windows 10: After windows 10 20H2 update, my surface pro 7 monitor does not wake up after sleep

Discus and support After windows 10 20H2 update, my surface pro 7 monitor does not wake up after sleep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 Home 20H2 update version: 19042.928, my surface pro 7 monitors does not wake up after overnight sleep. This problem seldom occurs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muppwang, Apr 26, 2021.

1. muppwang Win User

After windows 10 20H2 update, my surface pro 7 monitor does not wake up after sleep

After Windows 10 Home 20H2 update version: 19042.928, my surface pro 7 monitors does not wake up after overnight sleep. This problem seldom occurs during day time use, as I wake up monitor more frequently. But after overnight sleep both built in monitor and externally connected monitor Philips Brilliance 241B are black on wake up, keyboard lights can be turned on. The only way to wake up is to force restart by holding down power button 10-20sec. I had similar problem 5 years ago on surface pro 4, but it was resolved after a windows update. This seems to be a common problem once agai

:)

muppwang, Apr 26, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Apr 26, 2021
  3. ahmd Win User
    Waking surface pro from sleep

Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored until I manually wake it up.

4. Brink Win User

After windows 10 20H2 update, my surface pro 7 monitor does not wake up after sleep

New Surface Pro 7+ Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Jan. 20

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-ae96f608c397

Brink, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

1. After windows 10 20H2 update, my surface pro 7 monitor does not wake up after sleep - Similar Threads - 20H2 update surface

2. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  3. Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor does not wake up after updated Screen Sleep settings, to 3m: Occasionally I have this issue, where my Right-Hand Display Monitor does not come back on/wake up, with the Laptop and other Display Screen, as it should. This issue turned into happening now each time I have to wake up my computer, after updating the screen sleep settings......
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  8. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep: Hello, i have a problem with my Win10 system 1607 Ver When the system goes sleep, my keyboard and mouse got disabled but the power lights still works, so i need to push the restart or shutdown button to restart the system to make the wake up. How can i make that the...