Windows 10: After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time.

Discus and support After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nihal Jayasinghe, Mar 28, 2020.

1. After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time.

Hi

After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time.

:)

Nihal Jayasinghe, Mar 28, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time. ;)

qubit, Mar 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 28, 2020
  4. techguy31 Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 build 1909 update, desktop icons keeps moving all the time. - Similar Threads - build 1909 update

2. Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons keep moving after restart on win 10: Hello 1 day ago i turned my pc on and i realized my icons are not the same as they are before. I use 2 monitors and some of icons are on one monitor some are on secondI dont know why or how it happend. I remember i updated my graphic driver and i think after that it started...
  3. desktop icons keep moving in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep moving in windows 10: Since recent update two days ago every time I turn on my PC all desktop icons are randomly rearranged. They're placed randomly all over the screens with empty spaces between them. The issue keeps persisting so it wasn't a one time thing.I have two displays, the auto...
  4. desktop icons keep moving in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons keep moving in windows 10: Since recent update two days ago every time I turn on my PC all desktop icons are randomly rearranged. They're placed randomly all over the screens with empty spaces between them. The issue keeps persisting so it wasn't a one time thing.I have two displays, the auto...
  5. desktop icons keep moving in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Desktop icons moving after update

Desktop icons moving after update: Hello everyone. Recently updated my PC. Was one of the updates that says update and shutdown when powering off the PC. When I restarted the PC. All of my icons are bunched up in the corner all stacked up on each other. I cannot move them to where I want them on the desktop. I...
  7. Desktop Icon keep moving

Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  8. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  9. All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909: After I installed The update for Windows 10 1909 all my printer are gone, yet when opening printer dialog in Word the printers are there, but when printing they are not working. I tried to install new printers the are shown in the Printers and devices window after install but...
  10. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icon moving windows 10 1909