Windows 10: After windows 10 Feature update to 1809 new items added to the startmenu are going after reboot

Discus and support After windows 10 Feature update to 1809 new items added to the startmenu are going after reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems that since I installed the recent feature up date to version 1809 that anytime I pin a new item to the start menu, after I reboot it it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tkinkley, Nov 16, 2018.

1. tkinkley Win User

After windows 10 Feature update to 1809 new items added to the startmenu are going after reboot

It seems that since I installed the recent feature up date to version 1809 that anytime I pin a new item to the start menu, after I reboot it it is gone from the start menu. Does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

Thanks

tkinkley

:)

tkinkley, Nov 16, 2018

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Windows 10 1809 update release

Hi Tonizio,

Insiders are testing a modified release of Windows 10 1809 feature update and the release will happen in due time. The Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Pro N edition (1809 build) will be available for download once the feature update is pushed.

The new official release of the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Pro 1809 N edition will be listed under
    Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions once released.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Nov 16, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

After windows 10 Feature update to 1809 new items added to the startmenu are going after reboot

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. After windows 10 Feature update to 1809 new items added to the startmenu are going after reboot - Similar Threads - Feature update 1809

2. Desktop items moving after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  3. Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to highlight new features after feature update installations: Future versions of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will highlight new features to the user as part of the post-upgrade experience. Current versions of Windows 10 display barely any information after upgrades in regards to changes or new features. That's a problem for...
  4. Windows Feature Update stops after first reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Update stops after first reboot: Hello, I'm updating a number of workstations from 1709 to 1909, I apply the Feature Update, from SCCM, for this. This worked OK for all till the last workstation. On this one workstation the update stopped after the first reboot, after the Feature Update was installed....
  5. Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot

Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot: Hi, I've been struggling to install the update, tried to clean update cache, to free up some space on my system disk, but Nothing seems to help. As it is after 2nd reboot, it might be a driver problem, but reading the logs doesn't helped, as I Don't know what to look for....
  6. Windows 10 not shutting down after feature update to 1809

Windows 10 not shutting down after feature update to 1809: My wife's laptop installed the update that brought her system up to version 1809. Since that update I have spent several hours trying to get the system to shutdown and stop saying it is installing updates. Here is what happens when you try to shutdown. The screen shows that...
  7. Random reboots after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots after 1809 update: Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ... After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle,...
  8. Apps and File problem after windows 10 feature update (1809)

Apps and File problem after windows 10 feature update (1809): Hi I'm having a problem after windows 10 feature update (1****9?upload=true" /> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-file-problem-after-windows-10-feature/e2d628da-57e8-44b6-9771-6d8578c00dce
  9. 1809 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 reboots after shutdown: Hello, When I shut down my Windows 10 1809 PC it restarts after a couple of seconds.There are no error messages, no BSODs and I checked the event log after the system restarted and I could see nothing relevant in the event logs. I can disable the automatic restart, but that...
  10. Win 10 freeze/hang then reboots after build 1809 (feature) update on legacy hardware...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 freeze/hang then reboots after build 1809 (feature) update on legacy hardware...: As the title states, I am encountering some sort of glitch causing my system to hang/lag, then fully freeze 1-2 min later, then automatically reboot itself 2-3 mins after that. This problem seems to occur at random times when I am doing simple work with OneNote/office,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 1809 reboot startmenu