Windows 10: After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?

Discus and support After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi ! I made a Windows Update in March. Since then it happened to me twice that all folders and files ( really ALL ) were suddenly gone. My taskbar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saskiaKima, Jun 13, 2020.

1. After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?

Hi ! I made a Windows Update in March. Since then it happened to me twice that all folders and files ( really ALL ) were suddenly gone. My taskbar, with my buttons, was also deleted again.

What can I do? What do I have to do to prevent this from happening again? Should I back up all my files to OneDrive?

I don't have a plan for these things. I'm asking for a solution for DUMMIES .

Thanks!

:)

saskiaKima, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 13, 2020
  4. deving Win User

After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone?

1. After Windows 10 Home 1909 Update, folders/files gone? - Similar Threads - Home 1909 Update

2. Windows 10 files under home folder are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 files under home folder are gone: Hi,I was messing with mklink command as I was trying to create a new location for iCloud folder.After some restart, my user folder seems restored to default. I was able to log in as current user with same password but, all files/folders under my username location are reset to...
  3. Windows 10 files under home folder are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 files under home folder are gone: Hi,I was messing with mklink command as I was trying to create a new location for iCloud folder.After some restart, my user folder seems restored to default. I was able to log in as current user with same password but, all files/folders under my username location are reset to...
  4. Windows 10 files under home folder are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update Gone, Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Gone, Windows 10 1909: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/filipinoRedditor25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id8169/windows_update_gone_windows_10_1909/
  6. Finding Home folder in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding Home folder in Windows 10 1909: I am trying to find the home folder and these are the instructions I got but they dont make sense to my: To find your Home folder, open Finder and use the keyboard shortcut Command-Shift-H. You can use the Go pull-down menu from the menu bar to go to the Home folder.:...
  7. AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

AMD Software gone after updating to 1909: So I updated to windows 10 1909 just a couple of hours ago and I have a problem. I came to realize that my AMD Adrenaline Software was gone after the updating to 1909. Everytime I right clicked I realized that the AMD Radeon option was gone, for example when you right click...
  8. All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All Printers are gone after update to Windows 10 build 1909: After I installed The update for Windows 10 1909 all my printer are gone, yet when opening printer dialog in Word the printers are there, but when printing they are not working. I tried to install new printers the are shown in the Printers and devices window after install but...
  9. Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?

Windows MDS mitigation gone after update to 1909?: I just updated my Laptop (I5 4200U) from version 1903 to 1909. Before updating, the SpeculationControl Powershell script showed: Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is present: True Hardware is vulnerable to MDS: True Windows OS support for MDS mitigation is enabled: True...
  10. Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't detect files in a folder after updating to 1909: After updating into ver. 1909, whenever I connect my phone to my PC via USB cable, my PC cannot detect files especially medias in certain folders in my phone and came up with "This folder is empty" after loading the folder for few seconds. After that, when I refresh the page,...