Windows 10: After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are...

Discus and support After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything was fine until the update which installed yesterday from this date 30th July 2019, and after extensive testing with CPU-Z i am positive this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulMiddleton5, Jul 30, 2019.

1. After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are...

Everything was fine until the update which installed yesterday from this date 30th July 2019, and after extensive testing with CPU-Z i am positive this problem is out of my control.

My Ryzen 7 1800x CPU runs hot even with a H80i liquid cooler, but i like to force it to run cool when playing games, to achieve this i always run my Power Settings 'Maximum Processor State' at 80%. Every application then is prevented from pushing my temperatures too high.

At 80% my CPU will run big games at around 38'c.

At 100% my CPU will run big games up to 60'c. ^ this is why i prefer to run at 80%.

Here is the new bug which i cannot fix; (running my maximum processor state at 80%)

-Applications and CPU benchmark/stress tests will push my temperatures up to 38'c

-As soon as a Game becomes the Active window, the entire system begins to ignore the Maximum Processor State, and act as if it is set to 100%. (my powerplan does not automatically switch to something else or change, it just becomes ignored.)

As proof that this is a problem with the latest version of Windows 10 i diagnosed this fault and you can replicate it by switching applications whilst running the CPU stress test.

-I leave the CPU stress test (CPU-Z) running with a game running in the background. Clockrate reports as 2.4ghz and temps are 38'c.

-I leave the stress test running, but then switch my active window to the Game. Suddenly clockrate jumps to 4.2ghz, temps quickly rise to 60'c.

This is proof that the power options are not functioning properly like they were before. Only way for me to get back this functionality is to reinstall Windows 10, and find a way to block updates. This problem NEVER occured until the Windows Update which happened yesterday.

I urge Microsoft to take a look at this, and help me find a solution. Re-installing Windows 10 over and over because of these faults is too frustrating, and i have to create this post now.

Winver: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.267)

:)

PaulMiddleton5, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

They are not necessary. Any options you get are the result of decisions by the processor designers.

My advice is to forget the subject.

Alternatively, you might wish to try to track down a copy of the MS document Processor Power Management in Windows 7 [its original link no longer works - it was published in 2010]. I have never seen any updates let alone a Windows 10 version.

Denis

3. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

Sure:

After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are... [​IMG]

hurricane28, Jul 30, 2019
  4. bobblub Win User

After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are...

Processor Power Management isn't there

Hello! I have a laptop and i find that the fan is constantly on, and the sound is unbearably loud. I checked various YouTube tutorials and some suggested reducing the CPU's power consumption percentage in the processor power management area (after clicking
    advanced power settings). When I click advanced power settings, there is no section titled processor power management. is there a way to reduce the CPU's power consumption percentage, and why cant I find the processor power management section?

Thanks in advance After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are... :)

bobblub, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are...

1. After Windows 10 installed a major update (1903), Processor Power Management Options are... - Similar Threads - installed major update

2. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  3. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  4. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. power option processor power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power option processor power management: i have problem when i put on maximum processor state to 100% fps drops and when it is on 80% there are no more fps drops pls can someone help me submitted by /u/Impuls45 [link] [comments]...
  6. Managing Power Options in Windows 10

Managing Power Options in Windows 10: Hi, I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. I would be really grateful if you could please help me with the answers to these questions on Power settings: Selective suspending setting: I do not understand how selective suspending setting can help save battery on my Win 10...
  7. After Windows 10 installed a major update yesterday, Processor Power Management Options are...

After Windows 10 installed a major update yesterday, Processor Power Management Options are...: Everything was fine until the update which installed yesterday from this date 30th July 2019, and after extensive testing with CPU-Z i am positive this problem is out of my control. My Ryzen 7 1800x CPU runs hot even with a H80i liquid cooler, but i like to force it to run...
  8. windows major update 1903 installs...like forever?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows major update 1903 installs...like forever?: Why?... The updates getting bigger and bigger, and install time is like insane, really unheard of. And one have to finish the update, because when the system reboots, the process starts allover again. It would at least be nice if the future installations could be done in...
  9. Major Bug after update 1903 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Bug after update 1903 version: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...
  10. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.: Hi, Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here. I am on Windows 10 - 64 version 1607 build 14393.1358 The problem is that i don't have the options for processor power management anymore in power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. processor power management windows 10 1903

2. power management not working 1903

3. what controls power managment in windows 1903

4. hololens power management issues after 1903