Windows 10: After Windows 10 May 2020 updates- Issues with bluetooth earbuds and File Explorer...

Discus and support After Windows 10 May 2020 updates- Issues with bluetooth earbuds and File Explorer... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a couple issues that popped up after Windows updates this past week. 1 My Sony bluetooth WF-1000XM3 are paired and connected but i now have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeggyRongitsch, May 17, 2020.

1. After Windows 10 May 2020 updates- Issues with bluetooth earbuds and File Explorer...

I have a couple issues that popped up after Windows updates this past week.

1 My Sony bluetooth WF-1000XM3 are paired and connected but i now have no sound. I tested them on other devices and they have the latest firmware so i know they are not the issue. This just started after the update.

2 Now, every time i launch my computer, the File Explorer keeps opening at startup.

If someone can suggest something.....maybe uninstalling the components that are causing these issues, i'd appreciate it. I'm so frustrated.

Thank you,

Peggy

:)

PeggyRongitsch, May 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Bluetooth Earbuds - Paired not Connecting...

Try a different pair of earbuds. There are known issues with Bluetooth earbuds and bluetooth devices.

bro67, May 17, 2020
  4. Arily Win User

After Windows 10 May 2020 updates- Issues with bluetooth earbuds and File Explorer...

Bluetooth Earbuds - Paired not Connecting...

Soooo, I have Windows 10 64-bit Build: 1803 Completely updated via Windows Update.
    Trying to use Insignia Bluetooth Earbuds Model: NS-CAHBTEP01

I used to be able to use these bluetooth earbuds just fine before (not sure which windows 10 build but it was windows 10)...But I haven't used them in awhile so they weren't paired...Went to pair them the other night and when they first pair they work perfectly fine...not an issue at all. They say, "Power On", "Device Connected". They show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice and Music", However when I turned the device off and turn them back on later to use them they connect but not completely. Instead they say, "Power On", "Devices Connected" but they show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice" no music. When I go to power off the device to retry it keeps saying on the device, "Power On", "Device Connected" and they will not power off at all...it's so strange... I even used a different pair of bluetooth earbuds with the same exact results so I don't think it's the earbuds...I think it's something with this windows 10 build.

Has anyone ever heard of this and know a fix? The only way I can continue to use them is constantly removing them from bluetooth devices and do a brand new pairing until the next time I shut them off...then I have to start all over again. So strange that when I go to reconnect a second time that's when I have the issue.

Arily, May 17, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 May 2020 updates- Issues with bluetooth earbuds and File Explorer...

1. After Windows 10 May 2020 updates- Issues with bluetooth earbuds and File Explorer... - Similar Threads - May 2020 updates

2. WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020: And so - shock horror - the latest Windows updates has meant been unable to use laptop as stuck in perpetual loop of cannot install updates... why is it hat whenever there is an update there seems to be issues? When many people need their laptops to work from home you need to...
  3. May 2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    May 2020 update: how are having this problem May release of windows 10 failure again black screen 4 days working on update ready to go to Linux or back to 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/00b4f8e0-38c2-4c28-9e92-883c81349bd9
  4. Windows 10 Update May 12 2020 Broke my bluetooth

Windows 10 Update May 12 2020 Broke my bluetooth: Hello, After the latest Windows10 update on May 12,2020 I can not turn on my bluetooth function. There is no button in either settings, or the notification area. Checking device manager shows bluetooth working properly, updating drivers, says the latest are installed. My...
  5. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...
  6. bluetooth earbuds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth earbuds: I'm trying to get both my earbuds to connect to my laptop, but whenever I search for both the right and left earbud only one will show up and the other is never found. It worked at first but then an error happened and now I can't get it to work again....
  7. Bluetooth Earbuds

Bluetooth Earbuds: My earbuds connect via Bluetooth to my laptop. It shows they are connected but when I play music, the sound continues to come out of my laptop speakers. I went to the sound section and selected my earbuds but that didn't help...the music continues to come out of my laptop...
  8. Windows 10 issue with bluetooth earbuds

Windows 10 issue with bluetooth earbuds: I'm not a fan of Windows 10 because it is heavily bugged otherwise it's fine. I'm trying to use JLabs Bluetooth earbuds which work well on mobile devices which when it comes to Windows, it immediately fails and sometimes works. I would sometimes pair it and it would work and...
  9. Bluetooth and Earbuds

Bluetooth and Earbuds: I got IFROQZ wireless earbuds for Christmas and I have tried several times to get them to connect to my Bluetooth. i have updated all of the sound drivers etc. but cannot get my laptop to "pair" with the earbuds. I have a laptop about 1 year old with Windows 10. I have...
  10. File Explorer Issues After updating

File Explorer Issues After updating: Today, I notice that my file explorer has some problems. It is probably because of the today's Windows updates. Here are the problems: 1. the status bar of file explorer: If I select some files, the status bar won't show how many files/folders in the folder I have selected....