Windows 10: After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works!

Discus and support After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the october update of Windows 10, switching to Romanian (RO) keyboard layout doesn't works anymore. It doesn't matter the key sequence (Ctrl-3,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Dec 18, 2018.

1. After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works!

After the october update of Windows 10, switching to Romanian (RO) keyboard layout doesn't works anymore. It doesn't matter the key sequence (Ctrl-3, Ctrl-Shift-3), it simply won't work. I uninstalled the keyboard layout, reinstalled without success.

I have the following settings (that worked fine yesterday, before the update):

After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works! 48262d64-af82-4d00-aa69-13292ccca34b?upload=true.png

Interesing discovery: the only application that accepts the Ctrl-Shift-3 sequence (Switching to RO layout) is Notepad++. No other applications accept the RO layout! (Chrome, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Libreoffice, etc.)

:)

Jozsef Szasz-Fabian, Dec 18, 2018

2. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 18, 2018
  4. After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works!

Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works!

1. After Windows 10 october update, keyboard switching to Romanian layout doesn't works! - Similar Threads - october update keyboard

2. Romanian programmer keyboard not available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Romanian programmer keyboard not available?: I just installed windows 11 on a laptop and i wanted to add a secondary keyboard, but i cannot the the Romanian programmer keyboard only the standard Romanian keyboard ....
  3. Romanian programmer keyboard not available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Romanian programmer keyboard not available?: I just installed windows 11 on a laptop and i wanted to add a secondary keyboard, but i cannot the the Romanian programmer keyboard only the standard Romanian keyboard ....
  4. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  5. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  6. Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.: Hi, After every reboot of an up to date Windows 10, my keyboard layout switches to Swiss German, but I'm working on a PC with a US international keyboard. Sometimes I work from my laptop with a Swiss German keyboard. Somehow the computer's keyboard layout is tied to the...
  7. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  8. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  9. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  10. Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.: When I am in tablet mode, the touch keyboard on screen will not switch keyboard layouts. I have the option in the corner to change layouts, and I can tap the option and change the letters displaying on the on-screen keyboard, but when I type, the letters showing up are based...