Windows 10: After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Discus and support After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows had some bugs so I decided to reinstall windows and completely erase the harddrive windows 10 option, did not erase myself. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dustinvan Wijk, Feb 23, 2021.

1. After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Windows had some bugs so I decided to reinstall windows and completely erase the harddrive windows 10 option, did not erase myself. After a LOOOOONNGGGG time, windows was uninstalled. So before re-installation, I am prompted with a blue screen asking me about my country, language, keyboard, timezone. But my keyboard and mouse are not working, so I cannot use my PC. I tried using every single USB port for both mouse and keyboard, and even used 4 other keyboards and 5 different mouses, both wired and wireless. None of them are working. Also shutdown isn't working. It is only shutting itself off after unplugging the power cable.

What to do?

Thanks a lot!

:)

Dustinvan Wijk, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Feb 23, 2021
  3. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Vanion Win User

After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Ok, thanks ill check out how i installed them on my motherboard. Im in the device managed right now and for my mouse it reads
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{operation failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful"

I tried to plug in my ethernet cable as well to try to go online to get driver updates but the light is glowing yellow/orange rather than green and it also has the same message as my mouse in the device manager.

oh and both the keyboard and mouse are wired

I have the legacy usb support enabled in bios and i have my mouse plugged into the usb 2.0 (im using my PS keyboard atm just so i can control the comp so my usb keyboard isnt connected) but the mouse is still not working when i am running windows.

Vanion, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

1. After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work. - Similar Threads - install mouse keyboard

2. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Windows 10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Windows 10 Reset: After messing up some registry tweaks, I attempted to restore the registry backup I made. It did not work. I decided to just reset windows. After awhile Windows returned to my lock screen but both my keyboard and mouse aren't working. I there a way around this/ make them...
  3. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows: So i had to to do a factory reset on my surface laptop 3. When it was almost finished it kept flashing the blue screen saying "your pc ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" it was trying to restart and it would just go on a loop all day. So what i did was downloaded...
  4. keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10: I'm stuck at this point keyboard and mouse not working while installing windows 10, I've tried to turn off the computer several times but it's bringing me back to this same screen over and over[IMG]...
  5. External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does: Wireless mouse as part of a mouse/keyboard combination does not work. Windows 10 Pro x64. All windows and dell updates applied. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-doesnt-work-but-the-keyboard-does/a4cecf05-c478-4364-ae75-6045ccade1e9
  6. keyboard not working after re-install

keyboard not working after re-install: I have just had a new hard drive installed on my laptop, re-installed Win 10, keyboard and touch pad are not working have checked under devise manager which said it was working properly. but it isnt!!!! PLEASE Help !...
  7. Laptop keyboard and mouse track doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard and mouse track doesn't work: My laptop keyboard and mouse track only work in bios and Windows 10 safe mode. I have removed drivers, updated drivers, reinstalled window 10 by disc, reinstalled windows 10 from laptop manufacturer via recovery USB, and performed a complete clean recovery through the...
  8. Sound doesn't work after re-installing driver in windows 10 - home

Sound doesn't work after re-installing driver in windows 10 - home: Hi I've followed the guidelines on this site via Device Manager to re-install the driver, this works for a few days and then the sound goes again. This has been going on for several weeks, I keep re-installing the driver but then it goes sometimes giving a code 10 error...
  9. Windows 10 installation on laptop (keyboard and mouse not working)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 installation on laptop (keyboard and mouse not working): I had a hard drive fail on a Hp Pavilion x360-15-bk152nr. I replaced the Stock HHD 1 TB with a 500GB SSD. I downloaded the Operating System Windows 10 home from the microsoft website onto a USB, trying to keep the computers system to spec Windows 10 home is what the computer...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse No Longer Work After Installing A SSD.

Keyboard and Mouse No Longer Work After Installing A SSD.: I am using Win 10, and I just installed a Samsung SSD in my Dell Optiplex desktop computer, and my keyboard and mouse no longer work. I cloned my hard drive info to the Samsung SSD (USB connection) using the Samsung data migration software, then installed the SSD in my...