Windows 10: After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Discus and support After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows had some bugs so I decided to reinstall windows and completely erase the harddrive windows 10 option, did not erase myself. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dustinvan Wijk, Feb 23, 2021.

1. After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Windows had some bugs so I decided to reinstall windows and completely erase the harddrive windows 10 option, did not erase myself. After a LOOOOONNGGGG time, windows was uninstalled. So before re-installation, I am prompted with a blue screen asking me about my country, language, keyboard, timezone. But my keyboard and mouse are not working, so I cannot use my PC. I tried using every single USB port for both mouse and keyboard, and even used 4 other keyboards and 5 different mouses, both wired and wireless. None of them are working. Also shutdown isn't working. It is only shutting itself off after unplugging the power cable.

What to do?

Thanks a lot!

:)

Dustinvan Wijk, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Feb 23, 2021
  3. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Vanion Win User

After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Ok, thanks ill check out how i installed them on my motherboard. Im in the device managed right now and for my mouse it reads
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{operation failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful"

I tried to plug in my ethernet cable as well to try to go online to get driver updates but the light is glowing yellow/orange rather than green and it also has the same message as my mouse in the device manager.

oh and both the keyboard and mouse are wired

I have the legacy usb support enabled in bios and i have my mouse plugged into the usb 2.0 (im using my PS keyboard atm just so i can control the comp so my usb keyboard isnt connected) but the mouse is still not working when i am running windows.

Vanion, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

1. After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work. - Similar Threads - install mouse keyboard

2. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.: Hello! My friend extract the zip to his desktop and got black screen, he restart it and tried to do something with it but the keyboard and mouse stopped working. Can someone help me?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.: Hello! My friend extract the zip to his desktop and got black screen, he restart it and tried to do something with it but the keyboard and mouse stopped working. Can someone help me?...
  4. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi, mouse, and keyboard not working after installing Windows 10

Wifi, mouse, and keyboard not working after installing Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 onto a Surface Laptop 5 with Windows 11 pre-loaded company mandates that we use Windows 10. After the installation, the wifi adapter, touchpad, and keyboard stopped working. I restarted the computer and reinstalled Windows 11 from a boot drive, but it’s...
  6. Wifi, mouse, and keyboard not working after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi, mouse, and keyboard not working after installing Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 onto a Surface Laptop 5 with Windows 11 pre-loaded company mandates that we use Windows 10. After the installation, the wifi adapter, touchpad, and keyboard stopped working. I restarted the computer and reinstalled Windows 11 from a boot drive, but it’s...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work.

Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  9. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows: So i had to to do a factory reset on my surface laptop 3. When it was almost finished it kept flashing the blue screen saying "your pc ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" it was trying to restart and it would just go on a loop all day. So what i did was downloaded...
  10. keyboard not working after re-install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after re-install: I have just had a new hard drive installed on my laptop, re-installed Win 10, keyboard and touch pad are not working have checked under devise manager which said it was working properly. but it isnt!!!! PLEASE Help !...