Windows 10: After Windows 10 refresh, fan spins up when turning on headset

Discus and support After Windows 10 refresh, fan spins up when turning on headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, as the title mentions I did a windows 10 refresh, mainly due to some random issues I was having. Since then everything has run smoothly, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by byounker, Oct 31, 2015.

1. byounker Win User

After Windows 10 refresh, fan spins up when turning on headset

Hi, as the title mentions I did a windows 10 refresh, mainly due to some random issues I was having. Since then everything has run smoothly, all previous issues resolved except for the fact that now every time I turn on my headset (Turtle Beach px5 - bluetooth connected via a bluetooth adapter) The fan speeds up just for a second, and will do the same when I turn the headset off. This is the same sort of very brief spin-up the fan has always done during a boot since first purchasing the pc. It has never spun up outside of booting the pc until just days ago when I refreshed windows 10.

My first guess was that there was a conflict and maybe one device was getting confused with another but the device manager shows no conflicts.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

byounker, Oct 31, 2015

2. Why is Windows Turning My GPU Fans Off?

I noticed a whine in my new computer the other day and thought maybe my PSU was going out. But it turns out that my GPU fans were not spinning (I think maybe the other system fans were running faster to try and cool it down?)

Regardless of the whine, when I boot the PC the fans spin up no problem, but once Windows starts to load, the fans quit and do not restart even when a game is launched. This seems like some sort of driver issue because I installed MSI Afterburner and used it
    to turn the fans on, and they run no problem.

Seems like either Nvidia set the fans to not spin on the card when it's not under load, or Windows is turning it off. Is there a power setting for this or something?

I had been having a few strange crashes which could easily be explained by the GPU over heating. I don't really want to have to run Afterburner all the time just to get my fans to spin. Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit (updated)

GTX 960

Ryzen 1600x

Gigabyte Ab350m-hd3

32GB of DDR4 RAM

A Corsair SSD

Luke Cypert, Oct 31, 2015
  3. malo chi Win User
    computer power on but won't boot up

I just refreshed my computer on Windows 10 for the first time, after it was done refreshing, It when to the log in screen. I turn it off, the next time I turn my computer on, I hear the fan, the screen turns on then a few seconds later the screen turns
    of. Tried unplugging it for awhile, it still wouldn't work

malo chi, Oct 31, 2015
  4. byounker Win User

I think the problem has something to do with anything that's connected via a usb port, whether that port be on my keyboard's extra ports or the ports that are apart of the pc itself, which I have the previously mentioned bluetooth adapter connected to. It seems anytime I plug and unplug any usb device it causes the brief spin-up of the fan, with the exception of the bluetooth being that when I turn on the headset (that uses the adapter) and it begins the handshake - that also causes the fan to kick on briefly.

Hopefully this added bit of information can tip someone off to what may be causing my problem.

Thanks again for any help.

byounker, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 refresh, fan spins up when turning on headset - Similar Threads - refresh fan spins

2. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  3. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  4. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc turns on and fans spin up then turns back off after 5 seconds then repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turns on and fans spin up then turns back off after 5 seconds then repeats: I just installed a new case onto my gaming pc, however when I went to turn it on it started but very quickly shut back off. The screen was black the whole time and I have tried basically every method possible. Please help, I have no idea how to fix!...
  6. Pc turns on and fans spin up then turns back off after 5 seconds then repeats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turns on and fans spin up then turns back off after 5 seconds then repeats: I just installed a new case onto my gaming pc, however when I went to turn it on it started but very quickly shut back off. The screen was black the whole time and I have tried basically every method possible. Please help, I have no idea how to fix!...
  7. Pc turns on and fans spin up then turns back off after 5 seconds then repeats

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  9. System Freezes - Fans spin up - computer turns off. when I tilt the PC

in Windows 10 Support
    System Freezes - Fans spin up - computer turns off. when I tilt the PC: So Yeah, whenever I tilt the PC and then put it down, sometimes don't even need to put it back everything goes black and the fans spin up and after a while the pc stops. It does not happen in Safe mode or in Live Linux OS. Not even in Bios. If I don't move the PC nothing...
  10. System Freezes - Fans spin up - computer turns off. when I tilt the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Freezes - Fans spin up - computer turns off. when I tilt the PC: So Yeah, whenever I tilt the PC and then put it down, sometimes don't even need to put it back everything goes black and the fans spin up and after a while the pc stops. It does not happen in Safe mode or in Live Linux OS. Not even in Bios. If I don't move the PC nothing...