Windows 10: After Windows 10 update 1903, can't download photos from iCloud

Discus and support After Windows 10 update 1903, can't download photos from iCloud in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have my iCloud photo folders stored under OneDrive. The Windows 10 update created a new user profile for me, and I have had multiple application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chezritz, Sep 16, 2019.

1. chezritz Win User

After Windows 10 update 1903, can't download photos from iCloud

I have my iCloud photo folders stored under OneDrive. The Windows 10 update created a new user profile for me, and I have had multiple application issues with file folders not being locatable until updating the file paths.

However, I've been in touch with second level support with both Apple and Microsoft, and neither team seems to be able to figure out how to update where the Windows iCloud app looks to download photos. I can find all my iPhone photos in www.icloud.com, but no syncs have taken place since the Windows update, despite uninstalling and reinstalling the iCloud app multiple times.

:)

chezritz, Sep 16, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! After Windows 10 update 1903, can't download photos from iCloud :)

justinmreina, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Marek Win User

How do I bulk download photos marked as favorite from iCloud?

I have about 1000 photos in iCloud marked as favorite and I would like to download them in full quality all at once. So far, I found two options and none of them is good:

1. Multi-select photos on iCloud and select download unmodified
      originals. This requires to click on all 1000 photos one by one and downloads .heic files which i further need to convert to jpg.
    2. Get iCloud for windows and download all the original files. However, this is very slow and I need to manually pick the favorites out of all files.

Marek, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 update 1903, can't download photos from iCloud - Similar Threads - update 1903 can't

2. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  3. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  4. Icloud photos not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  5. Icloud photos not downloading

Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  6. iCloud Photos downloads to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud Photos downloads to PC: I have a Windows 10 pc and an iPhone. For years I have been downloading photos from iCloud onto my pc - saving them into different folders as appropriate. I got a new pc a couple of weeks ago still with Windows 10, but using Microsoft 365 rather than my old Microsoft 2013....
  7. Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10: Hi there, I have an iPhone that syncs photos to iCloud. I also use the iCloud for Windows app to automatically download my photos from iCloud to my Windows 10 laptop. Until recently, all was working fine. Since about a month ago no photos are downloading from iCloud to the...
  8. Can't download iCloud photos onto PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download iCloud photos onto PC: Hi! I'm trying to download my iCloud photos onto my PC. I've tried looking for my iCloud drive folder in my main User folder as suggested and it's not there. I also tried downloading the iCloud for Windows app, but after I installed, I couldn't find it! When I try to...
  9. How to download photos from iCloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to download photos from iCloud?: I cannot save photos that downloaded from iCloud. Please… I just click on Open but cannot save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-photos-from-icloud/d42c4782-3520-407b-b307-724b9b4ccf54"
  10. Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC

Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC: I downloaded photos from I cloud and clicked on open instead of save....what/how I get in saved ***Original title: photos from i cloud*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos-from-icloud-to-pc/24f9b4e3-db65-4897-855e-4fc6c439a15e