Windows 10: After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,...

Discus and support After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I think this was on August 4th because I remember updating on a Saturday. When I try to open Hotspot Shield (or when it opens on login) the outline of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jmforg, Aug 15, 2018.

1. jmforg Win User

After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,...

I think this was on August 4th because I remember updating on a Saturday. When I try to open Hotspot Shield (or when it opens on login) the outline of the program window appears, but the program fails to do so. The inside is usually whatever was on top of it - so if I open from the start menu that is what is imprinted there. However, I can still connect to the Hotspot VPN through the taskbar icon. Spotify opens with the same issue. And, I can play music through my computer using my phone & Spotify connect... Both programs appear on task manager when opened as running ok, but my computer cannot show what is happening.

:)

jmforg, Aug 15, 2018

2. HotSpot Shield

Hi thomlyons,

To uninstall HotSpot Shield you need to disable the VPN profile first. If you don't know how, please contact HotSpot Shield support for assistance. Once you have disabled the VPN profile follow the steps below to uninstall the app.

1. Go to the app list and look for HotSpot Shield.

2. Touch and hold the app.

3. Then tap uninstall.

Sincerely,

Nelson_Col, Aug 15, 2018
  3. unable to uninstall HotSpot Shield and proceed installing WIndows 10

I am having the same problem as Ruth and I have tried the fixes you suggested as did she and they don't work. I have also downloaded and run Microsoft Fixit. HotSpot Shield from Anchorfree is not listed, when I click on the "not listed" option I am asked
    to enter a product code, I don't have one as I don't know where the program is hiding. It is not in programs and features and I can't find it in my registry. If the windows 10 upgrade program can detect HotSpot Shield there must be a way to determine its location.

tonystales, Aug 15, 2018
  4. After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,...

hotspot shield

Want to use hotspot shield plz suggest. Facing problem

TariqShahBukhari, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,...

1. After Windows 10 update a couple weeks ago, certain programs will not open (Hotspot Shield,... - Similar Threads - update couple weeks

2. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago: i tried system restore, factory reset but none of the usb ports are responding ,camera failed to start , bluetooth also not working and many more abnormalities are disturbing me ,somebody please help me out.i had hp notebook laptop ....
  3. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago: i tried system restore, factory reset but none of the usb ports are responding ,camera failed to start , bluetooth also not working and many more abnormalities are disturbing me ,somebody please help me out.i had hp notebook laptop ....
  4. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built a new PC a couple weeks ago- random crashes: Hello I built a new PC and am experiencing random crashes sometimes days apart. I only saw a blue screen once but the system does restart. AMD Ryzen 3700x Gigabyte X570 Elite pro wifi motherboard Zotac geforce 1080 extreme 32GB Ram 3600w/ XMP enabled 2400 without...
  6. Windows not opening certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not opening certain programs: My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs...
  7. Crackdown 3 Campaign crashes on my PC after Update / ran fine a couple of weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackdown 3 Campaign crashes on my PC after Update / ran fine a couple of weeks ago: Hello, out of the sudden Crackdown 3 Campaign crashes on my PC. Couple of weeks ago all was fine. There were some Windows 10 updates and new driver installation meanwhile. I since have deinstalled and installed the game several times without solving the issue. I also...
  8. Uninstalling Hotspot Shield

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Hotspot Shield: About a year ago I installed an old version (7.6.4) of Hotspot Shield onto my laptop from filepuma. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. Now my computer thinks that I have two versions installed and won't let me uninstall either version. Whenever I try this it says...
  9. Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago: Windows did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I can't open my pay advice which uses VMR, how do I do to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-did-an-upgrade-a-couple-of-weeks-ago/7a62f32f-e4a5-46c7-8633-e5de9b7f672b
  10. Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems After Windows 10 Updates a Couple Of Weeks Ago: Hi, New to the forum so please be gentle with me (treat me like an idiot)!! I have a Dell XPS 420 which I have had for about 8 years now. Attached are 2 printers an HP Laserjet which works fine and a Canon Pixma MP500 which I am having a problem with. After the...