Windows 10: After Windows 10 update battery problems

Discus and support After Windows 10 update battery problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are there any known battery problems caused by the most recent Windows 10 update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DevonneBarrett, Mar 3, 2021.

1. After Windows 10 update battery problems

Are there any known battery problems caused by the most recent Windows 10 update?

:)

DevonneBarrett, Mar 3, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

After Windows 10 update battery problems pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 3, 2021
  4. After Windows 10 update battery problems

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

After Windows 10 update battery problems pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

After Windows 10 update battery problems

1. After Windows 10 update battery problems - Similar Threads - update battery problems

2. Battery Problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Battery Problem in Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have a problem.I use an HP pavilion 15 gaming laptop, the problem is that when I connect the charger to charge it, it does not charge for 1-2 minutes, then it charges, and sometimes it charges and does not charge, so the battery becomes a toy. it won't work....
  3. Battery not working after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not working after updating to Windows 10: I formatted and updated my Dell Latitude E6440 from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now its battery isn't being recognized by the computer. Currently, if the PC is turned on with the battery, the battery light blinks amber and yellow 1-1 pattern, and it turns on but occasionally...
  4. Battery problem after update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery problem after update of Windows 10: Hello there and I need help. There's seem to be a problem of the battery of my laptop. I'm using Bluewave. There are times where I'm doing my work in my laptop then all of the sudden, it shuts down. When I try to turned it on, it doesn't work unless I charge my laptop. I've...
  5. Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update: After a Windows 10 update, my battery no longer works or is recognized. I have to keeo it plugged in at all times. Previous articles and suggested troubleshooting steps do not work when you have to keep it plugged in for power. Can someone please HELP? This battery was...
  6. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: Well I posted on a previous thread (that can't be found now) that the latest Windows 10 update fixed my battery issues. Well I lied. New day, dead battery. After turning off all the sleep settings everywhere as suggested, my laptop does not completely shut down when told...
  7. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: After updating to Windows 10 my laptop battery runs down overnight after shutdown. I have disabled fast startup and turned off hibernation without success. How do I stop the computer from apparently still running and killing the battery?...
  8. battery problem after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery problem after 1809 update: after windows10 1809 update the battery is running out very fast in my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-problem-after-1809-update/f09ece8a-c613-41db-bb7a-4b7fe2c60c82
  9. Battery not working after Windows 10 update

Battery not working after Windows 10 update: Hi, Since the windows 10 update my battery on Asus laptop won't charge. Computer doesn't want to start if it's not plugged in. The indicator shows that battery is CHARGING but it's at 13% steady. When I unplug the computer, it shuts down instantly. No advice has...
  10. Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10

Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10: [img] As you can see here, the battery is stuck at %10, Windows tells me that it needs 5 minutes for a full charge, and this is how it is for the past hour. All this began after the Windows 10 update. the first days it was much better, showing up to 4 hours of battery...