Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Asus laptop was working perfectly before the Windows 10 update. After that I had inserted a SD card to upload some pictures onto my computer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shawotty, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Shawotty Win User

After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

My Asus laptop was working perfectly before the Windows 10 update. After that I had inserted a SD card to upload some pictures onto my computer. The laptop won't boot up now and has the "Secure Boot Violation" screen come up. After reading up on getting into the BIOS settings I went looking for answers. I'm not computer savy, however I did see that under the BOOT tab it is showing the SanDisk memory card as the boot path to follow. There are no other options to choose. Please let me know if there's anything you think I could try before I give up and take it in to be serviced. This laptop doesn't have a cd drive so I do not have restore discs to try either.

:)

Shawotty, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Computer won't boot after Windows 10 U

Hi Truman,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're computer won't boot up correctly after an update. This could be due to missing components in the update or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages or error codes that showed up when your computer does not boot correctly?
    • What were the results of the troubleshooting steps you attempted on the automatic repair screen of Windows?

As an initial recommendation, kindly follow the steps on this
    link
    to complete the guided walk-through in troubleshooting errors that may cause a blue screen.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 16, 2020
  4. After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

1. After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up - Similar Threads - update Boot pathway

2. Pathway for booting from ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pathway for booting from ssd: So i need a very specific answer here. I'm trying to re-add an external hard drive in bios as my boot option, but I forgot what options I select to set that up. I open BIOS, file browser add boot option, select my hard drive, select EFI, and then it shows Microsoft, Boot, and...
  3. Pathway for booting from ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pathway for booting from ssd: So i need a very specific answer here. I'm trying to re-add an external hard drive in bios as my boot option, but I forgot what options I select to set that up. I open BIOS, file browser add boot option, select my hard drive, select EFI, and then it shows Microsoft, Boot, and...
  4. Pathway for booting from ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: I have downloaded the Windows "Media Creation tool" and first installed on a flash drive. PC won't recognize USB port, burned a DVD with the Media Creation tool as well, but had to buy an external drive that would burn 7 gig DVD's. Media Creation tool is 4.9 gigs, standard...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.

Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.: Today morning I was updating my pc but due to unexpected power failure updates was interrupted. I switched it on then it said undoing changes made to this pc and was successfully able to view the desktop but the next time I switched it on the pc won't boot up. Also I can not...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: Hi, on my Dell XPS 9360R I started having issues with the explorer refreshing starting from today. One might think it's livable with but it actually rendered various programs useless, like the Intel Driver Update Checker wouldn't be able to run checks anymore. I couldn't...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot after update

Windows 10 won't boot after update: My laptop just did a forced Microsoft update for windows 10 and now won't boot at all. All I get is the windows boot manager restarting on a permanent loop with the status 0xc0000225. I cannot get to the advanced options or anything else other than the uefi settings. I do not...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot after update

Windows 10 won't boot after update: Hey, I've been searching around the web for some hours now, but I haven't found anyone with a problem similar to mine. I have a Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T. It came with Windows 8. Around a year ago I updated it to Windows 10 and it was working flawlessly....
  10. Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 won't boot up after install updates . Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup . At set up I have to change boot device to dvd . Then change it again to boot device to hdd . Also , I get these updateHistory msgs: * "Failed to install"...