Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either.

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night, my computer advised an update required a restart to complete. I saved all of the documents I had open, and clicked restart now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard_Tanner, Mar 24, 2019.

1. After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either.

Last night, my computer advised an update required a restart to complete. I saved all of the documents I had open, and clicked restart now.

Upon restart, I noticed the login screen is now asking for a password instead of pin which I had set up and been using since I purchased the computer. I entered in what I had down as the password, but it keeps saying invalid. I've tried multiple password combinations, including using the pin I set up and leaving blank. No combination works.

I also noticed the computer now shows the are no network connections available. My other devices in the house are connected without problem, and this computer was connected without problem prior to the update.

I have also tried activating the hidden administrator account through Cmd in troubleshooting, but it is not showing up as an option. I tried performing a system restore to the date listed prior to the update, but it keeps failing.

I'm to the point of removing the hard drive, backing up the data to another computer, and performing a clean install, but was wanting to see if there are any other options available prior to doing so.

My computer is a HP Inspiron running Windows 10.

:)

Richard_Tanner, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 24, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Mar 24, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either.

1. After Windows 10 update, cannot log into computer. No internet either. - Similar Threads - update cannot log

2. Cannot log into my computer, no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my computer, no internet.: So since last Friday I've been having this issue, where my laptop can't connect to the internet. This wouldn't be a problem, if it allowed me to log in. Logging in with my password, says I need to log onto the internet, or use the password I use most recently. Booting into...
  3. Cannot log into my computer, no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my computer, no internet.: So since last Friday I've been having this issue, where my laptop can't connect to the internet. This wouldn't be a problem, if it allowed me to log in. Logging in with my password, says I need to log onto the internet, or use the password I use most recently. Booting into...
  4. Cannot log into my computer, no internet.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10: Cannot log into computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Cannot log into computer after update: I updated my computer last week when I was about to close the computer. It shows that I needed to update and then shut down so I did it. Then yesterday when I went to log into my computer, I typed in my PIN, but I doesn’t work for some reason. I realized it said “sign in...
  6. Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update: [ATTACH]Sometimes Windows 10 Update does not go as planned, and you may end up waiting to sign-in to your account. You may see login in […] This article Cannot log into Windows 10 after Update first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 cannot log into computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cannot log into computer: Windows 10 cannot log into computer, has a network connect user account, I need to switch to my user account but there is no switch user indicator on the initial Windows 10 login page...
  8. Cannot log in to Window 10 computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in to Window 10 computer: G'day, I still cannot log into my computer. I have tried everything I know. I got onto Microsoft Chat. I was advised to phone them on 1 800 6427676. I have been trying to phone for over two hours. The number is constantly engaged. I turn on my computer, I see black...
  9. Cannot log in after locking computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in after locking computer: Hello everyone. So, as we all know, windows 10 has updated its version again around early this august and I have noticed a big change in the lock screen, notifications, etc. I was really excited at first but then suddenly I had encountered several problems. The first...
  10. Cannot log-in after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log-in after update.: Just turned on my HTPC and it has updated to a more recent build, however, it will not accept my password. I have reset my password at account.live.com/password/reset but to no avail. I had a similar problem with my laptop. A password reset online done the trick, but not...