Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Actually, none of the four wireless printers that were working prior to the latest update now show up when I attempt to select a printer from a word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdMedlin, Aug 23, 2019.

1. EdMedlin Win User

After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...

Actually, none of the four wireless printers that were working prior to the latest update now show up when I attempt to select a printer from a word processing application (I have two and have tried both), browser (I have three, and have tried them all), etc.

When I right click on a printer and check the properties, I'm told the device is working properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printers, have reinstalled drivers variously via the Windows 10 control panel and also by downloading from the manufacturer's websites, have run "troubleshoot" and selected "Printer," etc., and have checked from driver updates. The troubleshooter finds the printers, but not problems (found a print spooler issue, but now says it's fixed), and Windows 10 has repeatedly confirmed I have the latest drivers.

In other words, everything is working perfectly, but none of the applications from which I need to print can detect that any printers have been installed.

I found the old thread re a similar problem, had already tried most of what was there. I then tried the one suggestion I had not tried (launching "troubleshoot" from the taskbar field), but, as I wrote above, that did not work, either.

Allow me to add that I still can print to the printers from another Windows 10 laptop, and Windows 8 laptop, a Chromebook, and even from a Linux box, so the problem is not in the printers or in the network.

I will be grateful for any additional suggestions anyone can provide!

Ed Medlin

:)

EdMedlin, Aug 23, 2019
  2. barelij Win User

Printer not showing in Control Panel

Hi, My computer runs Windows 10 Pro.

My printer (HP 390C) works OK, (with one exception), and I suspect that the reason to this problem is that it does not show in Control Panel, Devices and Printers.

It does show in the Device Manager. I made sure that the latest driver is installed.

Can you help me with showing the printer in the Control Panel ?

Thanks, Joseph.

barelij, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Tbrox Win User
    Windows 10 search no longer finds Devices and printers inside control panel

This last Windows 10 update has blocked my ability to jump right to "Devices and Printers" that is located inside the control panel by using the search feature. I use to be able to just search for the keyword "Printers" and it would show up at the top
    of the search list. After the last windows 10 upgrade that stopped working. Seem as though Windows 10 wants to force us to use the new "Settings" app. which I dislike for printer controls. Is there a way to force Windows 10 to find the "Devices and Printers"
    controls that are located within the Control Panel? As of now I search for Control Panel, open it and click on Devices and Printers. This is more steps than before and annoying.

Tbrox, Aug 23, 2019
  4. After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...

Printer is listed in Control Panel, but Word/Excel shows NO printers installed.

I upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I Print Word/Excel or Adobe documents, it says that there are NO printers installed. When I go to Control Panel under printers - all of my printers are listed?

Help?

David_1999, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...

1. After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but... - Similar Threads - update Control Panel

2. after update control panel deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after update control panel deleted: After the 07 2022 quality update, Outlook 2013 started continuing requesting the password. I then found that the Control Panel had disappeared, and other apps will no longer accept passwords. When I click recovery in update, it closes Settings. How can I get back to a restore...
  3. after update control panel deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after update control panel deleted: After the 07 2022 quality update, Outlook 2013 started continuing requesting the password. I then found that the Control Panel had disappeared, and other apps will no longer accept passwords. When I click recovery in update, it closes Settings. How can I get back to a restore...
  4. Nvidia Control Panel is not showing properly in settings In window 10 v20H2

Nvidia Control Panel is not showing properly in settings In window 10 v20H2: Hello,I am using hp laptop with window 10 version 20H2,I installed Nvidia Control Panel separately from Microsoft Store, Because it was not installing with nvidia geforce experience software.And it is looking like this refer to image and when I Click on Advance Option,...
  5. .NET Framework not working and doesn't show in Control Panel Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework not working and doesn't show in Control Panel Windows 10: I've been pulling my hair over this so I wanted to ask for help here. Many of programs that I use require .NET Framework to function, and randomly they just stopped working due to .NET Framework not being available on my PC. I tried to re-install it but when I do it says...
  6. control panel not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel not showing: When I press control panel it doesn't open, but the icon on the bottom toolbar shows that it is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-showing/3f5f359b-9c19-4181-8371-c45ed3ae9371
  7. Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel: My sound wasn't working on my headset or speakers on my laptop, so I updated my PC to fix it. It worked, and my headset and speakers work too, but now my headset is not showing up in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound. Does anyone know how to fix this? Because I...
  8. Windows 10 Control Panel Devices & Printers not working properly

Windows 10 Control Panel Devices & Printers not working properly: I have been running into a problem recently with the devices and printers control panel not populating newly installed printers (or devices) or even removing them after uninstalling. The printer will be listed in Device Manager and you can choose it in any program as a...
  9. Windows 10 System control panel not showing processor or installed memory

Windows 10 System control panel not showing processor or installed memory: Greetings I just noticed that for some unknown reason, when I access Properties of This Computer, which sends me to the System page, I am not shown what processor or RAM I have. Now, I know I haven't changed my hardware recently, but it'd still be nice if the system could...
  10. Printer not working after installing update to Windows 10

Printer not working after installing update to Windows 10: My printer stopped working after installing update to Windows 10, Version 1903. When I try to print, the print dialog box comes up, but when I hit print, it takes me to my files where "Save Print Output As". This never happened before. I've tried everything I read from MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer not printing properly after updating to 1903