Windows 10: after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.

Discus and support after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a custom build computer with an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4.00 GHz, and a GTX 970. I have never had an issue with my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 고명, Apr 18, 2019.

1. 고명 Win User

after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.

I have a custom build computer with an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4.00 GHz, and a GTX 970. I have never had an issue with my computer randomly freezing when I had windows 8 or 8.1. But as soon as i updated to windows 10 I have been experiencing random freezes, which in some cases unfreezes by itself, but most of the times requires a hard restart. It happens more often when I am playing games, mostly "League of Legends", and rarely other games, but it does randomly freezes sometimes when im just browsing through the web. Please help.

:)

고명, Apr 18, 2019
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Freezing in Windows 10 after fall update

Hello,

A possible reason why your computer freezes after installing the updates is due to corrupted downloaded files on your computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• When are you experiencing the freezing in Windows 10 (boot up, running a program, or random)?
    • Are you getting any error message/code after Windows freezes?

Regile Reb, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes. - Similar Threads - update experiencing random

2. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer randomly freezing: Hey team,So in the last couple of weeks my computer has randomly started freezing. It's a pretty beefy computer and I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting and still can't work it out. It doesn't seem to happen during any particular activity, even when just idle it'll do it....
  3. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 computer randomly freezing: Hey team,So in the last couple of weeks my computer has randomly started freezing. It's a pretty beefy computer and I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting and still can't work it out. It doesn't seem to happen during any particular activity, even when just idle it'll do it....
  4. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated: This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question: "So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  6. Experiencing random freezing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Experiencing random freezing on Windows 10: Hello fellow Redditors, I purchased an Acer Swift 3 laptop (SF314-55G) running Windows 10 Home SL (current Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363) a couple of months ago. The device was performing as expected. But suddenly for the last few days I have been experiencing random...
  7. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update: Hello. I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it installed the issue began: windows started to freeze randomly. Most of the times it happens when I open up a program or an...
  9. Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates: Hi guys, Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power goes away and it turns off. When it freezes the mouse doesn't move and none of the keys on keyboard works. The strange thing...
  10. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...