Windows 10: after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared

Discus and support after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or apps although they still appear on task bar. also photos have disappeared. intructions to try... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by derekthomson2, Sep 1, 2020.

1. after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared

after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or apps although they still appear on task bar. also photos have disappeared. intructions to try and resolve these problems send me down a never ending maze that i cannot follow.

:)

derekthomson2, Sep 1, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Angry Cub Win User
    Microsoft Store and other apps such as Calc and Photos won't launch after Windows' update

After an update, Microsoft Store and several other apps such as Photos and Calculator stopped working. Clicking on them would open a window's frame for a split second, then immediately disappear without any error message.

I also noticed that in the pictures' properties, at the "Open with" line, Photos had been replaced by "TWINUI".

After a quick googling it appeared the problem was related to incoherences in the apps packages, however none of the guides I followed worked for me.

Another symptom was that the app's names weren't displayed in Windows' program list, instead they were shown as follow :

after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared 1EjcJ.png

There are different suggestions that I found on the Internet, but none of them are relevant in my situation :

• sfc /scannow
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • In powershell : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$.InstallLocation -like
      "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
      -Register "$($
      .InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Downloading the migration tool from Microsoft's website and updating over the current installation
    • Running Windows' problem diagnosis tools

Angry Cub, Sep 1, 2020
  4. after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared

1. after windows 10 update i cannot open microsoft store or my apps, also photos have disappeared - Similar Threads - update cannot open

2. I can't open microsoft store & install apps windows update also broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open microsoft store & install apps windows update also broken: So uhh idk how this happend but like i tried Everything And i still cant open Microsoft Store and cant install appsand by Everything i mean that i tried wsreset i tried windows update but it just says "an error occurred. try to open the setting app later" : Windows update...
  3. I can't open microsoft store & install apps windows update also broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open microsoft store & install apps windows update also broken: So uhh idk how this happend but like i tried Everything And i still cant open Microsoft Store and cant install appsand by Everything i mean that i tried wsreset i tried windows update but it just says "an error occurred. try to open the setting app later" : Windows update...
  4. I cannot open Microsoft App Store on my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open Microsoft App Store on my windows 10 computer: Running Windows 10 on one of our company computers. When we attempt to go to the Microsoft App Store, we get a message that we are unable to access that resource, contact your administrator. I can’t find any settings in admin that would restrict the computer or user from...
  5. I cannot open Microsoft App Store on my windows 10 computer

I cannot open Microsoft App Store on my windows 10 computer: Running Windows 10 on one of our company computers. When we attempt to go to the Microsoft App Store, we get a message that we are unable to access that resource, contact your administrator. I can’t find any settings in admin that would restrict the computer or user from...
  6. I cannot open Microsoft App Store on my windows 10 computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. I cannot open the Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open the Microsoft store app: Error 0x80131500 when opening the Store app what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-the-microsoft-store-app/ccf7d7b4-e27a-4515-b066-57f356bcb7c8
  8. I cannot open the Microsoft store app

I cannot open the Microsoft store app: Error 0x80131500 when opening the Store app what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-the-microsoft-store-app/ccf7d7b4-e27a-4515-b066-57f356bcb7c8
  9. My Microsoft Store cannot install any apps, also the reinstall of apps or updates of apps...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store cannot install any apps, also the reinstall of apps or updates of apps...: The app store just not working and show 0x80070005 as the error code. I tried troubleshooting and switch the UAC on or off, no help. I tried to fix the permission for the %LOCALAPPDATA% package folder and set owner to Trustinstaller, still not working. Is there another way?...
  10. cannot open windows photo app or store

cannot open windows photo app or store: this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows 10 there appears to be no way you can resolve this issue......