Windows 10: After Windows 10 update I no longer have my pictures or files in Documents

Discus and support After Windows 10 update I no longer have my pictures or files in Documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update, I do not have my files in Document & Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AudreyNicholson, Mar 8, 2019.

1. After Windows 10 update I no longer have my pictures or files in Documents

After Windows 10 update, I do not have my files in Document & Pictures

:)

AudreyNicholson, Mar 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 8, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 8, 2019
  4. After Windows 10 update I no longer have my pictures or files in Documents

Emails, files, documents, pictures are missing after installing the updates on Windows 10

Hi Corinne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which were the latest updates installed on your device?
    • From where are you trying to access your emails?
    • Where exactly are you looking for the files, pictures and documents?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Safe mode and check if the files are present?
    • Have you tried to look for the files in Windows.old folder?

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the files, pictures and documents are present.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer to: Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and
    check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 update I no longer have my pictures or files in Documents

1. After Windows 10 update I no longer have my pictures or files in Documents - Similar Threads - update longer pictures

2. I installed updates for windows 11 and now my documents and pictures files are no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed updates for windows 11 and now my documents and pictures files are no longer...: I am missing documents and pictures after I did windows 11 update. Also I am missing desktop icons and files on desktop after windows 11 update. How do I restore these files to File Explorer and Desktop?...
  3. I installed updates for windows 11 and now my documents and pictures files are no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed updates for windows 11 and now my documents and pictures files are no longer...: I am missing documents and pictures after I did windows 11 update. Also I am missing desktop icons and files on desktop after windows 11 update. How do I restore these files to File Explorer and Desktop?...
  4. My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update: Hello. My first time here. I'm using a 4 year old LAPTOP-FKFCM15G HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with Windows 10. It's all up to date. On Thursday I restarted after installing the Cumulative Update KB5020687 and all the contents of My Pictures and Documents folders have vanished. The...
  5. My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update: Hello. My first time here. I'm using a 4 year old LAPTOP-FKFCM15G HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with Windows 10. It's all up to date. On Thursday I restarted after installing the Cumulative Update KB5020687 and all the contents of My Pictures and Documents folders have vanished. The...
  6. My Pictures and My Documents Folder Contents have vanished after Cumulative Update

7. Pictures and Documents Folders/Files disappeared after Windows 10 Cumulative Update

Pictures and Documents Folders/Files disappeared after Windows 10 Cumulative Update: Hello. My first time here. I'm using a 4 year old LAPTOP-FKFCM15G HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with Windows 10. It's all up to date. On Thursday I restarted after installing the Cumulative Update KB5020687 and all the contents of My Pictures and Documents folders have vanished. The...
  8. Pictures and Documents Folders/Files disappeared after Windows 10 Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures and Documents Folders/Files disappeared after Windows 10 Cumulative Update: Hello. My first time here. I'm using a 4 year old LAPTOP-FKFCM15G HP Laptop 17-bs0xx with Windows 10. It's all up to date. On Thursday I restarted after installing the Cumulative Update KB5020687 and all the contents of My Pictures and Documents folders have vanished. The...
  9. Pictures and Documents Folders/Files disappeared after Windows 10 Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. After update of Win 10; I have nothing in files of Documents, or images in Pictures. What...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update of Win 10; I have nothing in files of Documents, or images in Pictures. What...: After latest update of Win 10 I have no documents in the Document files or images in Pictures in This PC. I have to go to User file on "C" to retreive these items. What happened, and how do I fix it...