Windows 10: after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by,

Discus and support after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by, in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, my Laptop is no longer able to manage stand by modus. I hear that the PC is still online, but once it is in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gentemann-Schmidt, Aug 27, 2019.

1. after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by,

Hi,

after the recent windows 10 update, my Laptop is no longer able to manage stand by modus.

I hear that the PC is still online, but once it is in stand by mode, i can no longer reactivate it.

have to unplug plus deplug the accu - so it is completly turned off from any electricity -
    then plug in and can restart..

which means that in the meatime all documents, files and apps are crashing each time...

i thought that the bug fix of the update would help, but it didn't

any advice ?

:)

Gentemann-Schmidt, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 27, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by,

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by,

1. after Windows 10 update - Laptop freezes in Stand by, - Similar Threads - update Laptop freezes

2. Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Recent Windows Updates: I have a Dell laptop that runs Windows 10. It cannot be updated to Windows 11.It seems that, after the recent April 2023 Windows updates, the laptop freezes constantly. It is ridiculously slow in loading up, logging in, and opening and closing apps and programs.Edge is...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Recent Windows Updates: I have a Dell laptop that runs Windows 10. It cannot be updated to Windows 11.It seems that, after the recent April 2023 Windows updates, the laptop freezes constantly. It is ridiculously slow in loading up, logging in, and opening and closing apps and programs.Edge is...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. laptop freeze after Windows 10 update

laptop freeze after Windows 10 update: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then my laptop often freezes after automatic Windows update. I have the latest Windows version but the problem often persists. I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thank you in advance....
  6. Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update: Hello, I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing an update on Windows 10, my laptop has had several issues such as lagging, unusual CPU/RAM/DISK usage, windows 10 gui...
  7. Windows 10 laptop battery draining in Stand-By

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop battery draining in Stand-By: I have read that hibernating is basically shutting down the PC, while saving the work on a file. Hence, shutting down or hibernating would basically be the same for me. My laptop: Asus Zenbook Pro (2018 version). I actually have an awful experience with the Stand-by mode...
  8. Laptop freezes completely after Windows 10 update yesterday

Laptop freezes completely after Windows 10 update yesterday: Hi I was working fine on my laptop when it started freezing suddenly - it's just a 3 weeks old laptop so this was weird. Turns out my Windows 10 got updated and is making my laptop freeze. And the types of freezing are different too. Sometimes it freezes at the boot screen,...
  9. Laptop Freezes after latest Microsoft 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Freezes after latest Microsoft 10 Update: My laptop updated the micrsoft automatically yesterday but it freezed when I turned on my laptop. I tried to shut it down forcefully by the power button and turned it on again for three times but it still freezed after about 5 minutes after start up, I can't do anything...
  10. Stand-By doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stand-By doesn't work after update: I updated my Laptop to 1607, and now I can't wake up my Laptop from Stand-By anymore. I only see the Background Image, nothing else. I can not log back in. Only pressing the power button longer and a PC restart will bring it back. Does anybody else have this Problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop on standby freezes after trying to login

2. laptop freezes after standby