Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, machine is frozen before login.

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, machine is frozen before login. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On 15-16 Sep, my Windows 10 desktop was subjected to a forced system update and reboot.The computer is how stuck at the main screen: desktop icons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T.F.Prune, Sep 17, 2021.

1. T.F.Prune Win User

After Windows 10 update, machine is frozen before login.

On 15-16 Sep, my Windows 10 desktop was subjected to a forced system update and reboot.The computer is how stuck at the main screen: desktop icons and background image. It is unresponsive to mouse and keyboard activity, so I cannot log in, cannot get a response with anything except a power cycle.Most of the help I find on line presumes having some control input.The ones that realize that I'm hosed from the reboot, give instructions for safe mode that don't work.I've tried doing the triple power cycle hold power button as soon as the Lenovo logo appears, repeat twice, allow the third time to

:)

T.F.Prune, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2021
  4. After Windows 10 update, machine is frozen before login.

Windows 10 'we couldn't complete the updates'

1. How can you access Troubleshooting if everything is stuck/frozen? Your tips suggest going to certain parts of Windows but that's the issue: it's frozen and nothing is accessible or responsive (ie, mouse pointer doesnt move, "Don't turn off computer" no
    longer animates).

2. I've tried powering off/on but the machine re-enters a "Don't turn off computer" blue screen of death, and we're frozen again.

Please advise explicitly.

jimbonguyen, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, machine is frozen before login.

1. After Windows 10 update, machine is frozen before login. - Similar Threads - update machine frozen

2. Windows 10 update frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update frozen: Hi, so recently I have had troubles updating, but then I found media creation tool and it was downloading just fine, but it has been frozen for an hour. I took a look at task manager and I expanded the update process and saw DISM host servicing is using all the disk, and not...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar frozen on login: Every time I restart/login to Windows 10 the taskbar is locked up loading wheel when I mouseover it, and doesn't load any of the pinned icons. As soon as I click on it, it appears to restart itself and loads after a moment normally. I have tried a repair install, chkdsk,...
  4. Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update: I updated to version 2004 on Windows 10, now I get a 20-40 second black screen before login. It does bring me to the login screen after above time frame, I can log-in and PC functions and plays games fine. But it has me anxious to ever reboot my PC. Any thoughts on how to...
  5. Windows 10 frozen after update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 frozen after update today: Installed Windws 10 auto update today. Screen indicated installd 100 % but did not proceed. Now screen freezes and i cannot get beyond start screen. I have tried ctrl/ alt// del, esc, windows key, power off etc. What else should i try?...
  6. windows 10 before login pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 before login pictures: How to disable the auto loaded pictures that appear before login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-before-login-pictures/4ae61390-0486-4b2b-8585-039b9e9e9df8
  7. frozen windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    frozen windows 10 after update: I selected the update message for windows 10 and now the computer will not start. I cannot get past the initial screen "Lenovo". Tried F8 on boot up and other suggestions on-line. Anyone else have this happen and do you have a solution? Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login: The problem from the older thread about graphic driver persisted, but uninstall and reinstalling the same driver didn't do anything to fix at all. It was fine yesterday until I put it to sleep and left it for around 3 hours. The laptop froze a lot when I tried to login in...
  9. Frozen before desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen before desktop: My 2 year old computer did a windows 10 update overnight and I woke up to a frozen computer. It is stuck right before the desktop. I cannot do anything. I've pressed the normal buttons one would press and Nada. Rebooted by way of the power button. Boots to the same screen...
  10. Windows 10 login screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 login screen is frozen: Hello! I would be very grateful if you can help me. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Today I switched it on, the welcome screen did not appeared as usual but the login/password screen showed instead. However I cannot type the password, cannot select the power button or...