Windows 10: After Windows 10 update Mail keeps asking for passwords. 8/2020

Discus and support After Windows 10 update Mail keeps asking for passwords. 8/2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last week I did the big and long Windows 10 update for Windows 10. Ever since whenever I open Mail I keep getting a message that says one of my email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PGCelebration, Aug 6, 2020.

1. After Windows 10 update Mail keeps asking for passwords. 8/2020

Last week I did the big and long Windows 10 update for Windows 10. Ever since whenever I open Mail I keep getting a message that says one of my email accounts is out of date and needs to be fixed. I have 5 email accounts. I input the password which had NOT changed and all is fine until I close my laptop and when I start working again and re open Mail it says some of my email accounts need to be fixed. Obviously this is frustrating .Thanks for any help you can give.

:)

PGCelebration, Aug 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Aug 6, 2020
  4. After Windows 10 update Mail keeps asking for passwords. 8/2020

Windows 10 Mail Keeps Remembering the old password.

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Are you able to sign in to your account online using the new password?
    If yes, let us try to uninstall the app using Windows PowerShell and reinstall it from Windows store.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail app form Windows store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/mail-and-calendar/9wzdncrfhvqm

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 update Mail keeps asking for passwords. 8/2020

1. After Windows 10 update Mail keeps asking for passwords. 8/2020 - Similar Threads - update Mail keeps

2. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  3. Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account: I have multiple mail accounts on my pc. One of them was for a workplace where I no longer work, so my mailaccount was terminated. Windows insists that I should enter the password, telling me the account is locked and that I should contact my support person to unlock it and...
  4. Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account: I have multiple mail accounts on my pc. One of them was for a workplace where I no longer work, so my mailaccount was terminated. Windows insists that I should enter the password, telling me the account is locked and that I should contact my support person to unlock it and...
  5. Windows 10 Mail keeps asking me to update my password for my iCloud account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail keeps asking me to update my password for my iCloud account: I use an app specific password icloud password for Mail. I get a message that my iCloud password needs updating. I go into Mail and re-enter my password and things are OK for a few days. I then start getting the message again. Any ideas why?Thanks, Vic...
  6. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  7. Windows update on 10/8/2020 broke controllers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update on 10/8/2020 broke controllers: I just installed the most recent update of windows 10 and now both my Xbox One Controller and my arcade stick aren’t working. I used them just yesterday before the patch and they worked fine. Anyone else having this problem or know a solution? submitted by /u/EpicGuy05...
  8. "No Internet" after updating Windows 10 with patch 8/11/2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "No Internet" after updating Windows 10 with patch 8/11/2020: Hello. I installed Windows 10 patch last night and now my HP will not connect to the internet. I have gone through all of the recommended protocol with command prompts/refresh/renew, restarting modem, restarting computer and still no internet connection, but it works fine...
  9. Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps asking for a login password: Suddenly windows 10 is asking me to log in every time i turn my PC on. The weird part is there are 2 users to choose from. Both have the same name my name but my password only works for one of them. If i go into the "netplwiz" there is only one user. I already have "user...
  10. Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mail app repeatedly asks for password update: Can't really add much more to the problem but every time I open mail to view my mail account , password out of date pops up . The mail account does open and everything looks fine , Help anyone ? 18512