Windows 10: After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack

Discus and support After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So here are my specs: i7-7700k, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM, i have a phenomenal NZXT liquid cooling AIO system, an m.2 solid state for OS and a 1TB HDD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nathanielsingleton, Jan 8, 2019.

1. After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack

So here are my specs: i7-7700k, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 RAM, i have a phenomenal NZXT liquid cooling AIO system, an m.2 solid state for OS and a 1TB HDD, etc...my computer has ran perfectly up until i updated some dumb stuff through the windows update in the system settings. since i did that a couple hours ago i had to go through a huge fight just to get my computer to stop crashing after starting up, i turned off everything on start up and now ive finally got it to stay on but now everything is running slowly, my 240HZ monitor is running like its a 60hz even though the settings for it are the same as they have always been. my CPU for some reason is running harder when the computer is idle not doing a damn thing, its starting to get hotter then it ever has while in this idle state, things take forever to open and trying to run my usual apps other then the ones i had at startup arent working well at all. these issues never existed before i ran these dumb updates wiondows 10 had so i dont know what to do. please, for the love of god someone reply fast. i cant handle this, ive spent way too much money for this to be happening especially when its because of some update for windows to go and ruin

:)

nathanielsingleton, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack

1. After Windows 10 update my computer is all out of wack - Similar Threads - update computer wack

2. Lock out of computer after updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock out of computer after updated: Hi, so I recently updated my computer, and once it restarted it doesn't allow me to enter in my original old pin code. It says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your pin again. Unfortunately I don't have...
  3. Lock out of computer after updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock out of computer after updated: Hi, so I recently updated my computer, and once it restarted it doesn't allow me to enter in my original old pin code. It says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your pin again. Unfortunately I don't have...
  4. My Windows 10 Wacked out For a Minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Wacked out For a Minute: I really have no idea what just happened. I had four or five tabs going on. I put the cursor over one tab, the little drop down square popped up to tell me which tab it was and then everything went weird. My cursor froze I should add that my mouse is not wireless, then it...
  5. Hello. After updating my windows my colors are all washed out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello. After updating my windows my colors are all washed out.: Im literally so stressed oh my God. I just updated my Windows (idk what update it is but I got a feature to hold Alt+Tab to control all my open apps ya know). Im like really bad with pcs, I don’t understand them, so Im really stressed if it stays like this. Please help me :(...
  6. Locked out of my computer after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of my computer after latest Windows 10 update: After downloading the latest Window 10 updates on my desktop computer I find I am locked out of the computer. The usual login screen image has changed and when I click on it to get the login dialogue box the image blurs and I am asked for my password. Whatever I type in...
  7. After win 10 update, locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After win 10 update, locked out of computer: after win 10 update, the computer wont accept my password. I tried restart in safe mode, but wont accept password again. Tried multiple resets, no luck. Tried to undo win update, reset to earlier date, remove update, but all require a password to continue. What next....i am...
  8. Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound quality all out of wack suddenly (device not migrated): Out of nowhere, the sound in my headphones are crackling/muffled/fuzzy. I've tried: -Re-installing drivers -Trying new drivers (microsoft HD) -Ensured onboard sound card is enabled and working -No option to roll back -No recovery point -Restarting -Confirmed there...
  9. Microsoft out of wack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft out of wack: I can not use any of my Microsoft apps such as calculator, and it indicates I have to fix my Microsoft apps so I can continue using this device. Whats going on?...
  10. File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer wacked out? Wuuuut?: I was remapping the default folders under THIS PC. Somehow (and I have no idea how), two folders named DOCUMENTS appear with no DOWNLOADS folder. See pic: [img] Interestingly enough, at random times, I may open file explorer and see two DOWNLOADS folders and no...