Windows 10: After Windows 10 Update, my graphics card is not being recognized and the browsers are...

Discus and support After Windows 10 Update, my graphics card is not being recognized and the browsers are... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Few weeks ago I did a software update for the OS and after it was updated I wanted to boot up Minecraft, it gave me an error saying that minidumps were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndresCalderon5, Nov 19, 2020.

1. After Windows 10 Update, my graphics card is not being recognized and the browsers are...

Few weeks ago I did a software update for the OS and after it was updated I wanted to boot up Minecraft, it gave me an error saying that minidumps were not allowed.

I read here that it was something related to the graphics card so I went and look for the driver for a Radeon 470 RX in the AMD's support webpage. But neither Chrome or Firefox are able to download the drivers, for Firefox it gives me an error saying that one part of the software wasn't able to be downloaded and was missed, for Chrome it simply says Network Error.

I went to my Avast web shield and disabled the HTTPS check temporarily and it didn't changed a thing.

All of this has been happening since the update, I would like very much to know what could be wrong since I use my graphics card as well for my job,

:)

AndresCalderon5, Nov 19, 2020

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Not Recognizing new Graphics Card

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Did you removed the NVidia graphics card before installing Radeon graphics card?
    • Is Radeon HD graphics card externally installed or internally installed?
    I suggest you to uninstall the Display adaptors (NVidia) drivers and check if it helps. Kindly follow the steps to uninstall Display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for NVidia Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display driver
      and select Uninstall.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Nov 19, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

After Windows 10 Update, my graphics card is not being recognized and the browsers are...

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 Update, my graphics card is not being recognized and the browsers are...

1. After Windows 10 Update, my graphics card is not being recognized and the browsers are... - Similar Threads - Update graphics card

2. Graphics Card Not Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card Not Being Used: My laptop has been having performance issues recently, and i have noticed that it's because it's not using my external GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX and i think it's probably because the bios it's refusing to use the GPU but it can also be a problem with the laptop itself.So...
  3. Graphics Card Not Being Used

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphics Card Not Being Used: My laptop has been having performance issues recently, and i have noticed that it's because it's not using my external GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX and i think it's probably because the bios it's refusing to use the GPU but it can also be a problem with the laptop itself.So...
  4. Graphics Card Not Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Not recognizing all graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 20H2 Not recognizing all graphics cards: I have Windows 10 installed, version 20H2. I have 9 NVIDIA graphics cards installed along with the Intel UHD 630 from the i7 9700k CPU. Only 7 NVIDIA cards are recognized in Windows. I have read how others went back to build 1703 and I tried but my motherboard is too new...
  6. Wifi Card Not Being Recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Card Not Being Recognized: I recently bought a wifi card and I downloaded all of the drivers necessary for it through windows update and google. I'm currently using ethernet but I need the wifi to work. I looked in device manager for hidden devices, I tried to see if it was under a different name by...
  7. NVIDIA graphics card not being recognized by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA graphics card not being recognized by Device Manager: Hi I have an Alienware 14 with a stock NVIDIA GeForce 750M GPU and I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS Build: 19042.746. When I first installed Windows, I remember I checked the Device Manager and the GPU showed up in Device Manager, but then it disappeared and now...
  8. Graphics card is no longer recognized?

Graphics card is no longer recognized?: Hello, everyone, here's the problem. In my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5570) only the internal iGpu (Intel UHD Graphics) is recognized. My other graphics card (Radeon 530) is no longer recognized. Also in the device manager (where also the hidden devices are shown) the graphics...
  9. Graphics card not being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card not being used: [ATTACH] My laptop has 2 graphics cards. The weak one (AMD Radeon R5) and the stronger one (Radeon R7), which is 2 GBs. Obviously the r7 one should be used when gaming but instead, r5 is used, which only has like 512 MBs. As a result, I can't play any game without getting...
  10. SD card not being recognized on Windows 10

SD card not being recognized on Windows 10: SD card not being recognized on Windows 10. I have tried 2 SD cards and a card reader in case the card reader was broken that is built into the machine. I looked in device manager and nothing untoward. Any ideas what's wrong? Thank you in advance. 104770