Windows 10: After Windows 10 update no password box can't login

Discus and support After Windows 10 update no password box can't login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer went through an update. When I rebooted I no longer see my mouse pointer to swipe up for the password box to appear. I cannot log into my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wingfan13, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Wingfan13 Win User

After Windows 10 update no password box can't login

My computer went through an update. When I rebooted I no longer see my mouse pointer to swipe up for the password box to appear. I cannot log into my computer. I have tried unplugging the mouse and replugging it in, I have tried rebooting, I have tried changing out the batteries to make sure they're not dead, tried different USB ports. Any idea what may be going on?

:)

Wingfan13, Jan 6, 2020

2. No password login box

Hi Helen,

There could be changes made with the settings on your computer that has disabled the option to have users to log in with a username and password. This should be enabled back to get again the login window.

If you're able to login to your system without using the password, please follow these steps to enable the login window during startup:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type in control userpasswords2 and hit
      Enter.
    • In the User Accounts dialog box, check the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Restart your computer and see if you're prompted with the login window.

In case you can't login to your system, please boot your computer in Safe Mode. Check out the link,

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and follow the steps in From the sign-in screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, follow the steps above to enable the password prompt. Once done, restart your computer to go back to normal mode.

Update us on how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

"If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to mark it as answer

to help those who are facing the same problem."

Vanessa Yar, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 slow invalid password verification

Hi Neil,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or network settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you logging in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Are you able to login to the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to login properly or not.

1. At login page, enter the password.

2. Then after entering the password, click on Eye icon which is present on the right side inside the password box. It will display the password entered.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with slow password verification in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2020
  4. After Windows 10 update no password box can't login

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 update no password box can't login

1. After Windows 10 update no password box can't login - Similar Threads - update password box

2. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  3. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  4. Can't login to Windows 10 after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to Windows 10 after updates: I updated the Windows 10 software on my laptop, and after the update completed, I restarted the laptop. Now, when the laptop starts, it goes to the lock screen, then I see my name and the click “login” , but when Iclick "login," the laptop returns to the lock screen.* Changed...
  5. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  6. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  7. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared

Windows updated but won’t login & password box has disappeared: So I updated windows 10 and when it boots up to the login screen the password box has dissapeared but there’s still a login button. The login button doesn’t work & so I tried doing a shift restart to pull up the recovery environment screen. From there I tried every recovery...
  9. After updating no password box to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating no password box to login: Hello I am not happy to write to you But I will be grateful if you make me happy I experienced problems when I was trying to update my windows to latest version three times it appeared undoing changes, but finally it didn't appear I thought that I did it but when...
  10. windows 10 can't login with password

windows 10 can't login with password: windows 10 can't login with password !!!!! And also de shutdown is missing !!!! windows 10 can't login with password !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-cant-login-with-password/9e5f1ffe-37b7-4a07-b2b9-9290d556c36b