Windows 10: After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

Discus and support After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an i7 Sandy Bridge chip. 16GB RAM, GTX video card. During a recent update, i think the power cycled in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David1372, Jan 18, 2020.

1. David1372 Win User

After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an i7 Sandy Bridge chip. 16GB RAM, GTX video card. During a recent update, i think the power cycled in my house during it, and now the PC won't start. I can get into the BIOS and the repair screen, but i can't do anything else beyond that. I've even tried booting from the original DVD from when the PC was Windows 7 Home Premium.

Nothing in the bluescreen troubleshooting menu works. I can't even get to safe mode. I can open a command prompt, but that's it.

Thanks,

:)

David1372, Jan 18, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2020
  4. After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

This app can t run on this pc

This is a big problem , i search everywhere and i didn t find any answer . If I try to open comand promt it s apear This app can t run on this pc , if i try to change my account nothing happens when i click the buttons , if I try to turn off something
    nothing happens , any button or swich that i try to press nothing responds , it s the same , i try to format my computer , to delete data , to reinstall the windows and it give me errors , what can i do ? i can t open anything . This happend when i updated
    my computer last time , my windows expired , but i can t activate it because when i try to do that nothing happens , please help.. Windows 10 destroyed my computer

ComsaCaata, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

1. After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help - Similar Threads - Update dead can't

2. Disk Drive Corrupted, Can't delete files, Can't run /r on chkdsk, Can't Factory Reset,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive Corrupted, Can't delete files, Can't run /r on chkdsk, Can't Factory Reset,...: My disk drive is corrupted as I checked using the chkdsk command followed by a c: /x, and it said that it had some corrupted files but it couldn't do anything about them because of it being 'read-only' but it didn't have the attribute. When I ran a chkdsk c: /f it said...
  3. Disk Drive Corrupted, Can't delete files, Can't run /r on chkdsk, Can't Factory Reset,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive Corrupted, Can't delete files, Can't run /r on chkdsk, Can't Factory Reset,...: My disk drive is corrupted as I checked using the chkdsk command followed by a c: /x, and it said that it had some corrupted files but it couldn't do anything about them because of it being 'read-only' but it didn't have the attribute. When I ran a chkdsk c: /f it said...
  4. Disk Drive Corrupted, Can't delete files, Can't run /r on chkdsk, Can't Factory Reset,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Laptop insists on staying dead. Can't restore, can't reset. Can somebody help please?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop insists on staying dead. Can't restore, can't reset. Can somebody help please?: Hi everyoneSo my ASUS laptop has stopped working ever since I did a system restore on the system. It wasn't the first time that I did a system restore on this PC so I had no hesitations about doing it again after I found my system to be sluggish.However, this time when I...
  6. Can't update, restore, reset my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update, restore, reset my PC: Hi, My PC is in limbo and I have tried everything I know of to try and fix it. It started yesterday when my graphics drivers wanted to update. I ran the Radeon installer and it gave me a general error. So I tried a clean install using the Radeon clean up utility, no luck,...
  7. Can't Update or Reset PC

Can't Update or Reset PC: I am unable to Update my Windows to the newest Version and am stuck on version 1803 i think. It wasn't really a problem until yesterday but i got a notification that that version wouldn't get the newest security updates etc. so i have been trying to update for almost 2 days...
  8. Help, can't reset the PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, can't reset the PC.: I can't reset my PC. Whenever I select the reset option, it starts reseting and when it reaches 54%, the screen goes to safe mode screen (the one you have when you hold shift while hitting restart) and I have these options: Continue Use another operating system Troubleshoot...
  9. Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset: I opened my laptop today and it booted normally, but as I was logging in using the fingerprint sensor the computer suddenly shut down and power seemed to have went out. I plugged in the laptop and tried booting again, but I kept getting blue screen no matter what I do. I...
  10. Can't reset time for update to run.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset time for update to run.: If this automatic reply to my request for help, did me no good at all and there was no option to try anything else. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-reset-time-for-update-to-run/a2d68342-9f26-4b1e-a1c7-40db4d6cf5c6