Windows 10: After Windows 10 update Samsung SSD shows 2/two allocated spaces

Discus and support After Windows 10 update Samsung SSD shows 2/two allocated spaces in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Weird situation. My Samsung 850 Pro SSD has always shown a 101MB Unallocated space. The other Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) has no such thing. As of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tfwul, Nov 13, 2015.

1. tfwul Win User

After Windows 10 update Samsung SSD shows 2/two allocated spaces

Weird situation.

My Samsung 850 Pro SSD has always shown a 101MB Unallocated space.
    The other Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) has no such thing.

As of the Fall Update (1511, 10586.3) I noticed another unallocated space has been added,400MB.

Sure, this is peanuts compared to the available space, but is just striking and in fact I have no idea what they are being used for...

Can anybody out there shed some light on this?

=

After Windows 10 update Samsung SSD shows 2/two allocated spaces [​IMG]

=

:)

tfwul, Nov 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade fails "Cannot access system reserved partition" on cloned SSD using Samsung Data Migration

I followed the exact same path, installing Samsung ssd's on 2 systems running 8.1 several weeks ago. Then when updating the ssd's to Windows 10, the upgrades failed in the same way, with the same error, "Can not access system reserved partition." At this
    point I removed the ssd's and replaced the traditional drives, updated 8.1 with the latest updates, and then installed Windows 10 with no problems on the old drives.

With 10 running fine on the old drives, I then tried to use Samsung Data Migration software to again clone the ssd's, but the Samsung software, now running on Windows 10, would not recognize the ssd drives. (This was true even after I used the Samsung software
    to create the bootable DOS cd, and run through the process of restoring the ssd to original factory shipped status.)

I was able to use EaseUS free software to clone one of the disks, where I was copying a 1TB traditional drive to a 1TB ssd drive. But the EaseUS software failed on the second system, where I was trying to clone a 750GB traditional drive to a 500GB ssd drive.
    This was true even after I modified the partitions so that there was slightly more than 250GB unallocated space on the end of the 750GB drive. So, still looking for a fix for the second system.

PeterKaneZS, Nov 13, 2015
  3. SSD space

I had to reset Windows 10 recently. the laptop worked wonderfully. The problem I have now is that the Dec Tuesday update did not work. Now windows modules installer continued to work and the SSD in one day filled almost to capacity. The SSD at the
    start of the day showed 63GB of space used. At the end of the day, the total was 203GB used. I went to system restore and rolled back to the time before the update. I then had 75GB of space used but each time I checked, the space on the SSD was getting
    smaller, about a GB every 20 minutes or so within 3 hours the used space went from 75gb to 102gb. I have since gone to the task manager and ended the process of Windows Modules Installer. The used space on the SSD is no longer getting larger, but how do I
    regain the lost space on the SSD. THe SSD is a Samsung 250 EVO 850.

lelandaholland, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Windows 10 Threshold update/upgrade will create a recovery partition of 450 MB. That's what your magician is showing.

However, your screenshot shows the spaces as unallocated, whereas it should be shown as allocated.

Snakeyes, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Just upgraded to 10586. I have a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD (drive C). Same thing, it added a 467MB partition...so it's not just the Pro. Can't find any info on this yet.

John 70834, Nov 13, 2015
  6. Ah, Recovery Partition...thanks Snakeyes

John 70834, Nov 13, 2015
  7. tfwul Win User
    Ah right!

Many thanks indeed, Snakeyes!

=

tfwul, Nov 13, 2015
  8. tfwul Win User

Small thing though...
    Was forced to restore bld.10240 over an existing bld.10586
    (Re)updated again to 10586 and have now another 450mb space... *Smile
    Titled: (Recovery)

=

=

tfwul, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Snakeyes Win User
    You can eliminate these unallocated spaces and add them back to your C drive. Just backup your system before doing so. I have done it using Easeus. Possibly disk management, though I haven't used it for this purpose.

Snakeyes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 update Samsung SSD shows 2/two allocated spaces - Similar Threads - update Samsung SSD

2. NVMe M.2 SSD not showing in Windows 11 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe M.2 SSD not showing in Windows 11 Storage Spaces: I just "rebuilt", upgraded, my computer. I also upgraded to Windows 11. Everything went well. I used a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2 4.0 for the main drive and installed qty. 3 Crucial P3 1TB PCIe Gen3 on the remaining three available slots for storage.I can see the three...
  3. NVMe M.2 SSD not showing in Windows 11 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVMe M.2 SSD not showing in Windows 11 Storage Spaces: I just "rebuilt", upgraded, my computer. I also upgraded to Windows 11. Everything went well. I used a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe M.2 4.0 for the main drive and installed qty. 3 Crucial P3 1TB PCIe Gen3 on the remaining three available slots for storage.I can see the three...
  4. Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?: I have two disk.disk 0 Hdd 1Tbdisk 1 Ssd 240 GbI am making dual boot by installing ubuntu. I follow normal guide of dual booting. I created un-allocated space of 60 GB in disk 1 for ubuntu. But in process of installing It should have free space but it shows that un-allocated...
  5. Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?: I have two disk.disk 0 Hdd 1Tbdisk 1 Ssd 240 GbI am making dual boot by installing ubuntu. I follow normal guide of dual booting. I created un-allocated space of 60 GB in disk 1 for ubuntu. But in process of installing It should have free space but it shows that un-allocated...
  6. Not able to convert un-allocated space to free space in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  8. How can I remove allocated space from SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I remove allocated space from SSD?: I cancelled a download/installation, but it's still allocating space. For context, it's PoE. Does anyone know how I can remove it? [ATTACH] The yellow is what I assume is the allocated space. There's no option to open file location since it doesn't exist so I can't...
  9. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  10. SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD: I bought a new SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NVMe SSD. Mr Google on several sites said that a DVD install will fail at the make Partition stage. I installed from a DVD no problem. The only changes I made in the UEFI was to disable the other drives so as to be sure to install to the...