Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, screen would freeze

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, screen would freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, So I just built a brand new PC. I needed to install a windows 10 update to download my drivers from nvidia. So while installing the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnHo6, Feb 21, 2019.

1. JohnHo6 Win User

After Windows 10 update, screen would freeze

Hello All,

So I just built a brand new PC. I needed to install a windows 10 update to download my drivers from nvidia. So while installing the latest version of windows 10, I see that one of the downloads was nvidia display and it failed to download reading "error". I didn't think anything of it and after a couple hours, the update was finished and restarted my PC. When it rebooted, I noticed that my screen would freeze for 3-5 seconds periodically, not sure why.

I downloaded games and they ran fine, with no screen freeze. It was only happening when I was browsing websites and such, the screen would freeze and I cannot do anything until it resumes. I also want to say that google chrome would not open as well, firefox and internet explorer worked, but google chrome did not. I am not sure what the issue is, but I believe it has something to do with windows as games worked fine so i ruled out the gpu, it could be the drivers still.

Before this update, my chrome and screen was fine, but I needed to do this update in order to download my drives because the system couldn't read my GPU.

Please help!

:)

JohnHo6, Feb 21, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 update, screen would freeze - Similar Threads - update screen freeze

2. My laptop would freeze and would have a black screen after what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop would freeze and would have a black screen after what should I do?: Same thing with the question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-would-freeze-and-would-have-a-black/043afd35-3b26-42fd-b336-98e31ec1c1f2
  3. Home screen freezing after windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home screen freezing after windows updates: After purchasing a new gaming laptop I did all the required windows updates and now I have an issue with my home screen, letting my laptop on idle for more than 15-20minutes my mouse cursor moves and when I click left or right click it doesn't work, neither the apps on home...
  4. Home screen freezing after windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home screen freezing after windows updates: After purchasing a new gaming laptop I did all the required windows updates and now I have an issue with my home screen, letting my laptop on idle for more than 15-20minutes my mouse cursor moves and when I click left or right click it doesn't work, neither the apps on home...
  5. Windows 10 freezes after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after update.: In the past 6 days, Windows comes freezing after installing an update I don't remember when it comes, but not the same day as it started freezing, but came before 31/12. Symptoms: Windows randomly freezes, goes black screen, sometimes works keyboard and audio, sometimes...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes After Update

Windows 10 Freezes After Update: Am using toshiba satellite c675d-s7101, upgraded from windows 8, i use it normally but after i update the windows 10 suddenly started freezing i Can Use It Without Windows Update But It Started After Uodating The Drives, Have Unistalled It Several Times Still Giving The Same...
  7. screen freezes after searching updates

screen freezes after searching updates: This week I've assembled a desktop pc and installed Windows 10 from a purchased USB. Everything goes well, until I hit the search updates. My screen goed black for a split second, comes back in higher resolution, but freezes. If I wait until my monitor goes in standby and...
  8. Windows 10 freezes after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes after Update: So I've just updated and restarted my pc bht after booting I got a screen that said 35% installed, please wait. After restarting it a couple of times and trying to boot into safe mode it now gets stuck in the login screen. I could not get past the login screen. This isnt the...
  9. Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update: I fixed my dad's computer that froze at the login after the April update (pretty much what is happening in this person's post). What worked for me was- booting into safe mode with networking then running the Windows Update troubleshooter then downloading the...
  10. Windows 10 freezing after update

Windows 10 freezing after update: My computer keeps freezing after the update that came out in April. My computer updated back in April when it came out and the freezing started so I rolled back to the last update and I no longer had the problem but now the update was force pushed out a couple days ago and...