Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop.

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a recent update to Windows 10, the sound on one of our desktops has stopped working. The sound still works in other user's desktops (signing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DakotaAngel10, Oct 12, 2018.

1. After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop.

After a recent update to Windows 10, the sound on one of our desktops has stopped working. The sound still works in other user's desktops (signing in with their own account), but it does not work on one specific user's account. (The one not working is the account that was open when the update took place.)

I would appreciate any advice, but please bear in mind that I know next to nothing about computers, so please really dumb it down for me! Thank you to anyone who can help!

(P.S. I've already attempted to update the sound driver. It said there were no updates available.)

:)

DakotaAngel10, Oct 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 12, 2018
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Oct 12, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop.

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop. capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop.

1. After Windows 10 update, sound is missing from one user's desktop. - Similar Threads - update sound missing

2. List of users is missing in Windows login screen after one of the Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of users is missing in Windows login screen after one of the Windows updates.: After one of the recent Windows update, the list of users does not show up in Windows login screen and I cannot find any way to switch to a different account during login or after. Any suggestions?...
  3. List of users is missing in Windows login screen after one of the Windows updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List of users is missing in Windows login screen after one of the Windows updates.: After one of the recent Windows update, the list of users does not show up in Windows login screen and I cannot find any way to switch to a different account during login or after. Any suggestions?...
  4. List of users is missing in Windows login screen after one of the Windows updates.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 - No sound from Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - No sound from Desktop: Since re-installing, I have no sound, have gone through all Hewlett Packard suggestions, but still have no sound. No matter what I have tried, no success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-no-sound-from-desktop/8151bf38-98dc-40f1-965a-a61a0c755eb2
  6. Desktop not working correctly for one user after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop not working correctly for one user after updates: A couple of weeks ago, after some updates, the computer stated there was a disk error and needed to do some repairs. These were completed and I was able to login and use the computer as normal, no sign of any issues. When another user tried to use it a couple of days later...
  7. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound

Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no clear sound: I have recently updated my laptop to 2004 build. I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was switched to doesn't have sounds, only windows sounds. Doesn't work in web browsers and applications like zoom meeting / google meeting, only...
  8. desktop icon missing from user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon missing from user folder: Hello! I'm having an issue with the desktop folder icon always disappearing from the user folder. The desktop folder is there but just as a plain folder. Found the post by Shawn Brink on how to check the desktop.ini file and that is good. Oddly enough I had a similar issue...
  9. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.

Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.: I have pretty fresh install of windows 10. New PC with clean Windows 10, built in the end of November 2018. A month after it was built, I changed graphics card. From Nvidia 1050ti to 1070ti. I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was...
  10. Missing desktop files after Windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop files after Windows update: Hi, I have a year 2010 Asus PC with Windows 10. After the latest Windows 10 update, a few document files are missing from my desktop. I used file explorer to search for one of the files but could not find the latest version. Can anyone help? Thanks!! 65749