Windows 10: After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows...

Discus and support After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This happened June 10. Within a few hours, I tried to restore but couldn't because Windows automatically deleted the files needed to do so! My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daft Doft, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Daft Doft Win User

After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows...

This happened June 10. Within a few hours, I tried to restore but couldn't because Windows automatically deleted the files needed to do so! My computer currently says I have Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.1052 with Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0.I rebooted and much of the text returned, but this morning when powering up, various bits and pieces are missing again. For example, in the system tray I have the date and language, but not the time!

:)

Daft Doft, Jun 12, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows...

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 update, text missing from icons, menus, etc in apps, on desktop, Windows... - Similar Threads - update text missing

2. Menus Texts Disappear After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menus Texts Disappear After Windows Update: Today after I updated my Windows from the regular scheduled update, my all the captions and context menus are now invisible see screenshot below. I am wondering what's the remedy to fix the problem? I am using a Surface Go....
  3. Icons Missing from Start and File Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Missing from Start and File Menus: This is a minor gripe, but the icons that were present are no longer there. For example, Alienware icons for the native Dell software don't appear on the start menu. I first noticed this after installing then uninstalling GIMP GUI, an image editing software, which I set as my...
  4. Blurry Text on Desktop Icons and missing parts of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text on Desktop Icons and missing parts of windows: The text below the icons on my desktop is blurry the icons themself are okay. Also, when I open a window, nothing is there, where there should be a list of files, etc. A reboot helps temporarily, but after a while the problem re-occurs. I also cannot open Word Office 2019...
  5. Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text isn't showing up on my desktop, taskbar, or dropdown menus, etc.: A few items on my desktop have text showing, but it's black and very blurry. No text shows in my taskbar, or any menus, I have no idea how to fix this. Any ideas?...
  6. OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS text and menus missing after 1903 updates.: After installing the following updates after a 100% fresh 1903 Windows Install: KB: 4503293 4503308 4497932 4495620 2267602 890830 Text in UI disappears and WILL NOT SHOW UP FOR a random amount of time. You can force it to show up by opening 4 different "Windows...
  7. No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No text in menus or on desktop for Windows 10: After updating from 1803 to 1903 through windows update assistant initally everything was good after restart i can't see or find any text on desktop & even in desktop apps too Entered in safe mode too same problem occurs! Any solution?...
  8. My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?: My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-missing-after-windows-10-update/a8ed20dd-dd0b-4942-9801-dcec8aaff1a1
  9. Text that disappears from menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Text that disappears from menus: Hey, I have a strange problem with text that disappears in all kinds of software I use. Sometimes it disappears completely and sometimes becomes strange symbols as in the picture attached. * I have Windows 10 on a stationary computer. I scanned for viruses and everything look...
  10. ICON text size etc after Creator update

ICON text size etc after Creator update: How to I change various text sizes and make bold in the new update? Used to be in Display Prop. but I can not find it now. 81895