Windows 10: after windows 10 update, unable to boot.

Discus and support after windows 10 update, unable to boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time it keeps going to recovery options. When i go to advanced options, it asks for password, and when i enter the password, it says incorrect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrasanthPrasad1, Dec 27, 2020.

1. after windows 10 update, unable to boot.

Every time it keeps going to recovery options. When i go to advanced options, it asks for password, and when i enter the password, it says incorrect.

I tried booting into Safe Mode, but unsuccessful.

I tried all options with the Advanced options, but all of them end up with asking for a password, and when i enter the correct password, it still says incorrect.

I tried cold booting the system - no use.

I tried using Shift at bootup, it goes to advanced options, and when i try Safe Mode, it restarts and throws the error - something is wrong with windows and then restarts back to the same issue.

Please advise.

:)

PrasanthPrasad1, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 27, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

after windows 10 update, unable to boot.

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

after windows 10 update, unable to boot.

1. after windows 10 update, unable to boot. - Similar Threads - update unable boot

2. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  3. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  4. Win 10 unable to boot after driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 unable to boot after driver update: Hi. My first problem like this with Win 10. I updated a driver and now it won't boot.It won't boot. Tries to boot and then turns off. Then turns on and tries to boot again. Constant fail so it's in a constant loop.Unable to turn it off with the power button so I have to turn...
  5. Win 10 unable to boot after driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 unable to boot after driver update: Hi. My first problem like this with Win 10. I updated a driver and now it won't boot.It won't boot. Tries to boot and then turns off. Then turns on and tries to boot again. Constant fail so it's in a constant loop.Unable to turn it off with the power button so I have to turn...
  6. Unable to boot after Window-10 May, 2021 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot after Window-10 May, 2021 Update: Have a duel boot system w/ Windows-10, 64-bit & XUbuntu Linux. Use Grub which is set to boot Windows by default. Possibly my system used the older MBR method of booting. After the Windows update or during it,my system would no longer boot. Also it seems Wi does update erased...
  7. Windows 10 update unable to boot

Windows 10 update unable to boot: Hi not being to savvy could anyone help/advise me on how to rectify an issue I am having after updating to the latest Windows update, its driving me nuts, my desktop will not boot on start up or after shutting down, it starts to boot then freezes on the dell logo, I have to...
  8. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot after Windows update: Yesterday, I had installed minor Windows update I don't remember the exact version, it was some minor update to my 1903 Windows. When update installed and requested restart, I had restarted the computer, but booted into another OS I have on separate HDD. I continued to work...
  9. PC unable to boot after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC unable to boot after update: I have an hp pavilion with an AMD ryzen 3 processer, SSD and HDD, and rx550 gpu. After a Windows 10 update about a week ago, my pc boots in this order: HP splash screen, snow screen (like a tv snow screen), crash, then reboot. I have completed 3 fresh installs of Windows...
  10. Unable to boot to Windows 10 after an unfinished update.

Unable to boot to Windows 10 after an unfinished update.: I hope that somebody can help me here because the problem might be quite complex. Anyway, I was downloading an update for windows 10 which was successful. The problem occurred when it was being installed, if you don't know what i mean it's the stage where you're told not to...