Windows 10: after windows 10 updates, excel 2013 changes all the hyperlinks from...

Discus and support after windows 10 updates, excel 2013 changes all the hyperlinks from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This happened several times over the last several years. After a WIndows 10 update, the hyperlinks in my Excel worksheet no longer work. The changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonaldFerguson, Apr 22, 2020.

1. after windows 10 updates, excel 2013 changes all the hyperlinks from...

This happened several times over the last several years. After a WIndows 10 update, the hyperlinks in my Excel worksheet no longer work. The changes are not always consistent. After the last update of Windows 10, None of the 100+ hyperlinks worked. This was because the paths were all changed. Most were changed like the ones above, but some were very peculiar changes such as to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\OneDrive... A few even were changed to C:\Users\username\AppData\AppData\AppData\OneDrive... I have had to manually edit all of the 100+ hyperlinks on several occasions after windows 10 updates. To make matters worse, sometimes the hyperlink editor displays slashes instead of backslashes, although as I learned the hard way, you do not have to correct those, they display correctly after Enter. Moreover, after editing a hyperlink, the editor reformats the cell font display so that I also have to reformat the cell's appearance.

:)

RonaldFerguson, Apr 22, 2020
  2. GLRaymond Win User

Excel Hyperlinks

I have updated Windows 10 to 18362. Now hyperlinks in my Excel spreadsheets do not work.

GLRaymond, May 23, 2020
  3. excel hyperlinks changed?

I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename

As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have several hundred in this spreadsheet and am not looking forward to changing them manually. I'm afraid to look at another - inventory - with nearly 8,000 links to data sheets and image files that's worked
    for more than 2 decades, through several versions and 'improvements' to the software.

IanMathers1, May 23, 2020
  4. DonMurray Win User

after windows 10 updates, excel 2013 changes all the hyperlinks from...

Excel: How to make a hyperlink that excel has no way to change ?

If you try to tie a image to a cell in excel and then you link that image to its file. Excel because the image was embedded in the cell it will change the hyperlinks on you. but if you just link a image to text in a cell I do not believe excel will change the hyperlinks.
    in windows 7 or windows 10 with office 365 i think this is true? I am still trying to find a way to make a picture stay in its cell and not change its size and be able to sort and have the image stay put in its cell.

DonMurray, May 23, 2020
Thema:

after windows 10 updates, excel 2013 changes all the hyperlinks from...

1. after windows 10 updates, excel 2013 changes all the hyperlinks from... - Similar Threads - updates excel 2013

2. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  3. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyperlink in excel: Suddenly excel does not give me the option to remove a hyperlink by right clicking. The drop down box suddenly does not offer that option. What changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-in-excel/85656d17-017b-4551-958e-dd11eede4cb4
  4. hyperlink in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Excel 2013

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Excel 2013: using xcel 2013 automatic fill only works in first column. should it work in all columns? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013/ffdfb336-3be8-4e00-8dec-6ebdd8c702c0
  6. On excel 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On excel 2013: I have had an Excel file which has been accidently being disappeared !!! Any time trying to open it from Recent files, getting a notification that the file could be; moved, renamed or deleted? I cannot find it in recycling bin. a not in the folder. Please let me know how I...
  7. Excel: How to make a hyperlink that excel has no way to change ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel: How to make a hyperlink that excel has no way to change ?: If you try to tie a image to a cell in excel and then you link that image to its file. Excel because the image was embedded in the cell it will change the hyperlinks on you. but if you just link a image to text in a cell I do not believe excel will change the hyperlinks. in...
  8. excel hyperlinks changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    excel hyperlinks changed?: I don't know if it's a result of Microsoft Office 365 update, but all the hyperlinks in my spreadsheets have changed from C:\Users\myname\Documents\Invoice\filename to C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\filename As a result, none of the hyperlinks work. I have...
  9. Excel Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Hyperlinks: I have updated Windows 10 to 18362. Now hyperlinks in my Excel spreadsheets do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-hyperlinks/ea0ff616-ad24-41d6-8409-cf95b068867a
  10. Excel 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel 2013: My Excel program will not open - it says "it has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly and Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair it now?" When I click "repair now" the program just closes. Please can you help...