Windows 10: After Windows 10 upgrade CDRom drive runs continuously on disc insertion

Discus and support After Windows 10 upgrade CDRom drive runs continuously on disc insertion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cannot read contents of inserted disc or install programs. Went to WIndows Settings and turned Autoplay off thinking that would let me read contents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jellis22, Feb 2, 2020.

1. jellis22 Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade CDRom drive runs continuously on disc insertion

cannot read contents of inserted disc or install programs. Went to WIndows Settings and turned Autoplay off thinking that would let me read contents and possibly install program manually.....CD still runs continuously. I saw one question posted in Nov 2019 that has been locked which is identical problem to mine....but no solution yet posted. Help!!

:)

jellis22, Feb 2, 2020
  2. PeteBlatz Win User

My computer keeps telling me to insert a disc when there is a disc already in my DVD/CDrom drive. How do I fix this?

My computer keeps telling me to insert a disc when there is a disc already in my DVD/CDRom drive. How do I fix this?

PeteBlatz, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing.
    The drive is a Dvd/Cdrom drive, the pc was reset a couple of days ago and it's still doing this. Please help!

HunterKrovac, Feb 2, 2020
  4. After Windows 10 upgrade CDRom drive runs continuously on disc insertion

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 upgrade CDRom drive runs continuously on disc insertion

1. After Windows 10 upgrade CDRom drive runs continuously on disc insertion - Similar Threads - upgrade CDRom drive

2. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  3. message : insert disc in dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    message : insert disc in dvd drive: there is disc in DVD DRIVE. YET MESSAGE IS BEING GIVEN TO INSERT DISC .PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-insert-disc-in-dvd-drive/eb192a02-8a54-4715-8de9-7b5e91646d2a
  4. "Please insert a disc into drive E"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please insert a disc into drive E": I have tried to get my laptop DVD/CD to read any disk to no avail. I tried several of the suggestions in a thread to 2015, no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drive. The system says the drive is working properly. Put in a disk, the disk spins, then "Please...
  5. insert disc problem

insert disc problem: Hi Microsoft community, after few windows 10 updates, my cd/dvd-drive stopped read compact disks. everytime I physically inserting cd/dvd - it says: 'please insert disc into DVD RW Drivee:' I tried advices like: insert disc additionally I unninstalled/installed drivers,...
  6. CDROM auto eject after disc insert and click Open on the E drive

CDROM auto eject after disc insert and click Open on the E drive: Hello, my name is Loc Le , i do have the labtop: HP ENVY 17t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC 1. my cd/ dvdw SU208FB 2.No. 3.No. 4.If i right click or click Open, cd/ dvd eject the disc automatically then a message pop up like INSERT THE DISC, PLEASE INSERT THE DISC IN...
  7. Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...

Brand New DVD RW gives me the "Insert a Disc: Please insert a disc into drive H:" Which...: So I bought this new DVD burner because I was getting the same message on every disc I tried to run. I have done the steps of uninstalling the driver and Restart, installs the DVD Burner but I still get the same message. So what gives? BTW I have Windows 10 1803 OS Build...
  8. CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message"

CD/DVD inserted in drive, but get "No Disc in Drive Message": I have Cyberlink’s Media Suite 12 resident on a Hewlett-Packard Envy TS 17 Notebook laptop equipped with an HP built-in drive (CDDVDVW SU-208CB) that will access CD's and DVD's. Windows 10 is the OS and up-to-date. The CD/DVD drive has always worked very well until...
  9. Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.

Windows 10, "Please insert a disc" when disc is inserted.: For a while now, ive been witnessing this issue. If i insert a cd, Windows can read it. If i insert a DVD It spins then stops then says "Please insert a cd" opening the drive in the process, tried uninstalling it, got nothing. Tried cleaning the disc nothing. The drive is a...
  10. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019.926.30.0