Windows 10: After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

Discus and support After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The sound stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find the culprit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamMittel, Apr 24, 2020.

1. SamMittel Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

The sound stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find the culprit.

:)

SamMittel, Apr 24, 2020

2. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 24, 2020
  4. After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

Lost files & folders and no sound after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you find the pictures, videos and other documents mentioned in the above post?
    • Did you update the device drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Are you facing sound issues with online video/audio?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatible, non-updated or corrupt audio drivers installed on the computer. Presence of incompatible, non-updated or corrupted device drivers will result in irregular performance of the device on the computer.

I suggest you to refer to the steps performed in the link below on
    Fix sound problems
    and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

If you have not yet found the files and folders after upgrading to Windows 10, refer to the link below on
    Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

1. After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound - Similar Threads - upgrade lost sound

2. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  3. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  4. All Sounds lost after windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Sounds lost after windows 10: All Sounds lost after windows 10 instaled an update last year thishappened before and i got instructions to corect last time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-sounds-lost-after-windows-10/d74e3ffc-2ccb-4c7f-a46b-b2541ac05909
  5. No sound after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows 10 upgrade: Every time windows upgrades, I have sound issues. I've reinstalled my sound drivers, updated them, everything is reporting working but no sound again. Last time it was a simple settings change but I cannot remember or find it on the internet. Any ideas?...
  6. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates. The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a monitor. Sound and picture on TV worked fine until the most recent Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, after which the...
  7. Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost sound on samsung laptop 3 series after upgrade on windows 10: I have lost sound on Samsung laptop series 3 after latest windows 10 update. Volume is 100% not muted and troubleshooter audio says ok but not. used Driver Support to clear up drivers but still same problem...
  8. No Sound after upgrade to windows 10

No Sound after upgrade to windows 10: It's been over a year, I periodically google to try and fix it but cant get back. Please ask any info you need and please help me get my back. Have a Dell Inspiron desktop, previously was vista which was upgraded to 10. 109552
  9. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...
  10. No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade

No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade: After the Win 10 upgrade, (running Firefox) Pandora, U tube, Quicktime, and Itunes audio all quit working.... this is what I have in the Manage Audio Devices control panel: Speakers / Headphones IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Default Device (green check mark)...