Windows 10: After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook

Discus and support After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent Windows 10 upgrade I was logged out of everything - Google, Outlook, Facebook etc. I logged back into all my apps and was happy. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John S in Berks UK, Feb 16, 2020.

1. After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook

After the recent Windows 10 upgrade I was logged out of everything - Google, Outlook, Facebook etc.

I logged back into all my apps and was happy. But have since found that when the laptop is turned off it loses all logins and forces me to go through logging onto all my apps again.

I have reinstalled the upgrade again but it has not fixed the issue. Can anyone suggest a fix please?

:)

John S in Berks UK, Feb 16, 2020

2. Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 16, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook

1. After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook - Similar Threads - upgrade laptop retain

2. After windows 11 upgrade, cant login/sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows 11 upgrade, cant login/sign into my laptop: After installing upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10. I then tried to login as usual but my pin wouldn’t be accepted, nor was i able to login by password. So i looked online for answers and learned about the startup-repair from the trouble shooting menu. Thus, I tried...
  3. After windows 11 upgrade, cant login/sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows 11 upgrade, cant login/sign into my laptop: After installing upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10. I then tried to login as usual but my pin wouldn’t be accepted, nor was i able to login by password. So i looked online for answers and learned about the startup-repair from the trouble shooting menu. Thus, I tried...
  4. Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.: I own Lenovo Legion Y530. i5 8th GenGTX 1050ti1 TB SATA HDD128 GB NvMe M.2 SSDI want to upgrade my laptop's SSD from 128 GB to 256 GB. I have original Licensed windows on my 128 GB SSD.When I upgrade it to 256 GB SSD, can someone help me with how do I retail my original...
  5. google apps for windows laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google apps for windows laptops: ipad is now a latest trend and very user friendly, but us old and continuous users of companies other than apple or android OS are at loss, procreate and other applications , many apps in google play store and apple store , are not present in microsoft store and also...
  6. Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info: I have a Windows 10 version 1903 laptop and am running Outlook with a Gmail account configured in it. Everyday when I startup the Laptop I will need to input my Google and Skype login information to have it log into these accounts. Each time I login to the Google account I...
  7. Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - Not retaining Google and Skpe login Info: I have a Windows 10 version 1903 laptop and am running Outlook with a Gmail account configured in it. Everyday when I startup the Laptop I will need to input my Google and Skype login information to have it log into these accounts. Each time I login to the Google account I...
  8. Windows not retaining default apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not retaining default apps: Hi all, I can't get windows to retain my default app selection. I work a lot with PDF's and images and this is driving me mad. It's been this way for at least a year now and I can't find a way to make the apps selection stick. Have trawled google for answers but nothing has...
  9. Windows 10 Outlook login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Outlook login: Hi When I type in outlook.com no matter what browser I am using it automatically logs in to outlook. It does not prompt a login screen asking for used id and password. What do I need to do to fix this so it prompts for used id and password? Thanks so much for you...
  10. Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education Upgrade - Retain Apps: Attempting to update Windows 7 Enterprise computers to Windows 10 Education (university environment). According to this chart on Microsoft's website, a full upgrade is supported including retaining apps and settings and data:...