Windows 10: After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?

Discus and support After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my home PC and now every time I connect to this PC from another PC I can use it for a bit and then all of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by olimits7, Aug 21, 2015.

1. olimits7 Win User

After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?

Hi,

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my home PC and now every time I connect to this PC from another PC I can use it for a bit and then all of a sudden it disconnects and when I try to log back in it then doesn't connect anymore.

Then when I actually go to this PC again I see that my LAN Ethernet connection is set to "Limited" and I have to restart my PC to get everything back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this same issue? Is my Broadcom Ethernet card not compatible with Windows 10?

Thank you!

:)

olimits7, Aug 21, 2015

2. Unable to connect to windows 10 remote desktop

Unable to connect to RDP after windows 10 upgrade, all worked fine with windows 7 before upgrade.

Able to connect to windows 10 pc using a pc running Linux. Using Linux Remmina RDP program but not with another win 10 pc or my Surface running RT 8.1, both keep saying credentials are not correct when trying to connect.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Kevin_mps256, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Lockhada Win User
    RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

After upgrading to Windows 10, .rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop is working correctly otherwise.

Lockhada, Aug 21, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Not sure why you are having the issue but you might try setting power management on your NIC to always on. Device Manager > Right click your NIC > Power Management.

cyberSAR, Aug 21, 2015
  5. I have this problem also on my email server (i run it headless and NEED RDP). Ive had this issue over the years and usually changing the power settings or Remote settings in the CP fixes it. However, nothing seems to fix this one. It disconnects on 7->10 and 8.1->10 and in the same time frame.

I tried using my Lumia 810 and got a bit different error: Another user connected to the server, forcing the disconnection of the current connection. at RemoteDesktop.Rdp.processData(RdpPacket data) at RemoteDesktop.Rdp.mainloop()

But, another user is not connecting to it...

I already installed X and rolled back to 8.1 on my Lenovo Mixx 2 8 because of the Onedrive/SD card issue, would hate to have to go back on another machine.

furball zen, Aug 28, 2015
  6. I forgot to test this first. I installed PC Remote and it stay connected just fine. I did notice that the monitor never shut off like normal when it should during an RDP session, it doesnt seem to be logging off during the remote session.

7. Update: I went to the machine and initiated an RDP session with my phone. I watched the screen flash on the PC, then on the phone it showed the desktop, then the logon process showed (the rotating dots) on the PC screen logging me back in.

So, its like theres an 'auto re-logon' thats kicking the RDP out.

8. After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?

furball zen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting? - Similar Threads - Upgrade RDP Keeps

2. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  3. Windows RDP getting disconnected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RDP getting disconnected.: Windows RDP getting disconnected once Zoom Meeting is connected. It Works fine on console but only disconnects the RDP once Zoom is connected. Once the Zoom meeting is connected, we are able to connect RDP again.Attaching the event logs for the time when we face...
  4. RDP keeping disconnecting/reconnecting with reason code 2147942521

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP keeping disconnecting/reconnecting with reason code 2147942521: Hello,my RDP session frequently disconnect and reconnect , I check the event log, there was a reason code 2147942521, but I am not able to find any explain regarding this reason code, does any knows how to debug this issue ?client windows version: Windows 10 Enterpris 21H2...
  5. RDP keeping disconnecting/reconnecting with reason code 2147942521

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP keeping disconnecting/reconnecting with reason code 2147942521: Hello,my RDP session frequently disconnect and reconnect , I check the event log, there was a reason code 2147942521, but I am not able to find any explain regarding this reason code, does any knows how to debug this issue ?client windows version: Windows 10 Enterpris 21H2...
  6. RDP keeping disconnecting/reconnecting with reason code 2147942521

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. windows 10 RDP disconnection issue

windows 10 RDP disconnection issue: i have windows 10 laptop. i do RDP to windows and Linux machines in Azure cloud. The RDP is through Cisco anyconnect VPN. using VPN, we connect to our office network first and then we connect to the Azure VMs. intermittently the RDP is getting disconnection with the...
  8. RDP connection disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection disconnects: Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens...
  9. Windows 10 Post In Place Upgrade RDP Session Disconnects

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Post In Place Upgrade RDP Session Disconnects: I have issues after upgrading my Windows 7 Pro pc's via the in place method with RDP sessions kicking out. It is completely logging me out, I'm an admin on the domain, I have to connect via rdp again and it sometimes defaults to the local admin creds being displayed. Also, I...
  10. RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds: I've updated two of my Win7 Professional PCs to W10 Professtional. After the upgrade, I can't RDP into either one of them. The session connects and I can see the desktop for a second of two, perhaps make a couple clicks, then it gets disconnected. This happens on both PCs. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windiws 10 upgrade rdp keeps disconnecting

2. windows rdp disconnections after windows upgrade to 10

3. windows 10 rdp keeps disconneting