Windows 10: After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working

Discus and support After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All,I'm facing issue with the new update: Windows 10, version 20H2, in terms of functionality loss of Keyboard and Touchpad. I'm currently using HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarshitPandey1, Apr 29, 2021.

1. After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working

Hi All,I'm facing issue with the new update: Windows 10, version 20H2, in terms of functionality loss of Keyboard and Touchpad. I'm currently using HP 2-in-1 notebook and I have disabled the touch capability of my system.Furthermore, I have already tried following set of instruction before posting this question:Uncheck the Filter Key.Update to the latest drivers for keyboard and trackpad.Installed necessary updates.Uninstalled the update and restored to previous version of WindowsWith the last option, I'm able to use my laptop's keyboard and trackpad, but I'm continuously being notified t

:)

HarshitPandey1, Apr 29, 2021

2. Keyboard and trackpad stopped working since windows 10 update

Since December's update both my mouse and trackpad have stopped working. The keyboard was sticky to begin with but within a few days several keys have completely stopped working. Now the trackpad has completely stopped.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting as suggested on on another site.

Any ideas?

Treacletart, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Keyboard and trackpad not working after updating windows 10

I have tried registry editing the first time it happened that my keyboard and trackpad stopped working. But when I updated windows 10 again even that did not work. Also, tried updating the drivers yet no success, it said it had the latest version of driver
    installed.

KeshavThosar, Apr 29, 2021
  4. After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working

Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working

1. After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working - Similar Threads - version 20H2 Update

2. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  3. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant use the trackpad in any way after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use the trackpad in any way after the Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2.: Yesterday morning after I went to sleep my computer automatically did the Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2, and then when I woke up I found myself unable to do anything with my trackpad, scroll, click, or anything. Luckily I have a mouse, but does anyone know what I...
  6. after Windows 10, version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after Windows 10, version 20H2 update: This windows update made my internet connections go whacky. When I restart nothing, all internet icons have red xs Unplug computer and turn it on again and I have internet. I have tried recovery to a previous startup and undoing update to no avail....
  7. Fn brightness keyboard shortcuts not working after Microsoft Windows 10, version 20H2 update

Fn brightness keyboard shortcuts not working after Microsoft Windows 10, version 20H2 update: after Windows 10, version 20H2 update i am unable to use Fn brightness keyboard shortcuts,however i can still use other Fn shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fn-brightness-keyboard-shortcuts-not-working-after/6e98fddf-dc12-404c-8041-7b1becffe574
  8. Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update: Seems like a driver issue for both... Fingerprint scanner driver just evaporated and trackpad driver has an error Checked for updates, reinstalled them but still not working I'm using lenovo ideapad anybody else having the same issue? submitted by /u/blending-tea [link]...
  9. Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated

Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated: I have HP X-360 touchscreen laptop with windows 10 installed, recently its display was broken and the touch started misbehaving so I disabled the touch screen from a local technician, now when I install window updates the keyboard and track pad stops working and I have to...
  10. Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update: I use Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9370. I also have a Logitech T650 wireless trackpad and a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard. Everything was working fine until I installed some Windows updates last week. Now the keyboard suddenly gets stuck and repeats random keys from time to...