Windows 10: After windows 10 version update local index will be rebuild?

Discus and support After windows 10 version update local index will be rebuild? in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear community,as I couldn´t find something about that topic: do you know if per default at each windows 10 version update e.g. 1908 to 1909 the local... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lu#Le#, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Lu#Le# Win User

After windows 10 version update local index will be rebuild?

Dear community,as I couldn´t find something about that topic: do you know if per default at each windows 10 version update e.g. 1908 to 1909 the local index on the computer/notebook will be rebuild? I face that "issue" on different machines that it always after an version update we have to wait until the index is rebulid to find mails in Outlook, or local files on the computer.Is that something someone else also faces - or is this something specific on my end? And if this is the normal behaviour after an windows 10 version update - is there a way to backup the index for outlook/local machine

:)

Lu#Le#, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

After windows 10 version update local index will be rebuild?

1. After windows 10 version update local index will be rebuild? - Similar Threads - version update local

2. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  3. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  4. rebuilding index

in Cortana
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  5. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  6. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No Index Results After Windows Update and a Rebuild of the Index

in Cortana
    No Index Results After Windows Update and a Rebuild of the Index: After the most recent Windows update done on 12 August 2020, Windows Indexing doesn't work--it produces no results for any search word or search string. Even after going through the "rebuild" process there are no results. The lncluded Locations remain the same as before,...
  8. Indexing keeps rebuilding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing keeps rebuilding: HI - all I have done for the last 5 days is work on Windows Index. It takes over a day to index my PC i7 with 16 Gig Ram including an external drive. In total 2m files. Now for the 3rd time, the index just rebuilds itself from scratch. I did a refresh install of Windows on...
  9. Windows Updates Triggers Index Rebuild

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Triggers Index Rebuild: I've been experiencing spontaneous index rebuilds whenever updates get installed. Any one else seeing this? It's been happening for several months and it seems to be definitively caused by any update. For instance KB4467702 (Nov 11) caused it, then my index was just about...
  10. Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 How to Reset and Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the Searchindexer.exe process in...