Windows 10: After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security...

Discus and support After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 2 HP laptops of different model numbers but the same CPU *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and chipset. I upgraded one to new release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CROZ01, Nov 22, 2022.

1. CROZ01 Win User

After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security...

I have 2 HP laptops of different model numbers but the same CPU *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and chipset. I upgraded one to new release 22H2. This system then would not successfully install vendor driver updates.1. Intel Driver Support Assistant would not install 2 updates giving an installation error without any log files telling me why. I found the 2 update executables in the ProgramData/Intel/DSA/Downloads directory. Attempting to run them as Administrator from there they failed with security errors. I edited the security on these files giving Administrators full access and I was able to run them

:)

CROZ01, Nov 22, 2022
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2022
  4. malware Win User

After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security...

Firefox 2.0.0.12 Security and Stability Update Released

As part of Mozilla’s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 2.0.0.12 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download here. This update is strongly recommended for all Firefox users. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

1. After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security... - Similar Threads - Release Update 22H2

2. Unable to update Windows 11 to 22H2 due to Intel Graphics Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows 11 to 22H2 due to Intel Graphics Driver issue: Hi,I seem to be unable to update my Surface 7 Pro to latest Windows 11 22H2 the update starts, but then rolls back.Having followed some guides I have recognised that with it being "The installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation" I...
  3. Unable to update Windows 11 to 22H2 due to Intel Graphics Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Windows 11 to 22H2 due to Intel Graphics Driver issue: Hi,I seem to be unable to update my Surface 7 Pro to latest Windows 11 22H2 the update starts, but then rolls back.Having followed some guides I have recognised that with it being "The installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation" I...
  4. Sysprep fails after updates released on the 11th January 2023 - Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep fails after updates released on the 11th January 2023 - Windows 10 22H2: I have an amazing problem with Windows 10 22H2 after the 10th of January 2023.I was in the process of building a reference image using a Desktop computer Yes, I know I should be using a VM by now but this process has always worked for me.I was done with installing the...
  5. Sysprep fails after updates released on the 11th January 2023 - Windows 10 22H2

Sysprep fails after updates released on the 11th January 2023 - Windows 10 22H2: I have an amazing problem with Windows 10 22H2 after the 10th of January 2023.I was in the process of building a reference image using a Desktop computer Yes, I know I should be using a VM by now but this process has always worked for me.I was done with installing the...
  6. After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security...

After Windows 11 Release Update 22H2 vendor device driver updates fail due to security...: I have 2 HP laptops of different model numbers but the same CPU *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and chipset. I upgraded one to new release 22H2. This system then would not successfully install vendor driver updates.1. Intel Driver Support Assistant would not...
  7. Windows 11 update fails due to UserProfileSuffixMismatch

Windows 11 update fails due to UserProfileSuffixMismatch: Using both Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant, the Windows 11 update fails on my Dell XPS 13 9300 laptop. According to SetupDiagnostic, the reason for the failure is UserProfileSuffixMismatch.Matching Profile found: UserProfileSuffixMismatch -...
  8. Windows 11 update fails due to UserProfileSuffixMismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update fails due to UserProfileSuffixMismatch: Using both Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant, the Windows 11 update fails on my Dell XPS 13 9300 laptop. According to SetupDiagnostic, the reason for the failure is UserProfileSuffixMismatch.Matching Profile found: UserProfileSuffixMismatch -...
  9. 1709 failing to update due to lack of security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 failing to update due to lack of security: For as long as i can remember now i am unable to get any updates past 1709 to work or even do a windows reinstall, i have tried everything i can think of. From clearing system distribution folder, stopping start up process to see if that would help even removed my 3rd party...
  10. Windows Startup fail due to Driver Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Startup fail due to Driver Update: Ok so I recently updated my graphics card, which was an amd. Not sure exactly what kind and don't care. I updated it, and resettrs the pc. I notice the startup was slow, but it made it all the way to the home screen, and then the problems began. My comp began going very...