Windows 10: After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change...

Discus and support After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've reinstalled windows with an 1809 update and every time I press Shift + Alt it cycles from my language to English layout and it's frustrating. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rlaxoxo, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Rlaxoxo Win User

After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change...

I've reinstalled windows with an 1809 update and every time I press Shift + Alt it cycles from my language to English layout and it's frustrating.

I always changed this easily with almost no effort and now the option is not even there anymore ....

Why change something that works just for the sake of change????

Example: https://blog.fonepaw.com/change-display-language-on-windows-10.html

I can't follow those steps cause they don't exist anymore.

From a random youtube video: https://i.imgur.com/BrqLPV0.png

Meanwhile .... mine ... https://i.imgur.com/xmA7z4F.png

So frustrating I can't even code anymore without spamming Lwin + Space all the time.

:)

Rlaxoxo, Apr 16, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 16, 2019
  4. After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change...

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change...

1. After Windows 1809 update I can no longer access language advanced options to change... - Similar Threads - 1809 update longer

2. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  3. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  4. After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer: My wife has been printing remotely for years from her laptop to the shared printer on my desktop. This has suddenly stopped working on both of our laptops which can no longer connect to the shared printer. Googling this problem, I see that a lot of people have been...
  5. After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer: My wife has been printing remotely for years from her laptop to the shared printer on my desktop. This has suddenly stopped working on both of our laptops which can no longer connect to the shared printer. Googling this problem, I see that a lot of people have been...
  6. After a recent update I can no longer access a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update: can't access "View Update History" and "Advanced Options": [ATTACH] As image, those two options remain in boldface/selected but nothing happenswhen I click them. If I try to access those two options through Start menu, I have a blank window that loads forever. I've tried to run Windows Update Troublehooter and the Reset Windows...
  8. After changing the network key I can no longer access the WLAN, why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After changing the network key I can no longer access the WLAN, why?: Hello, for security reasons I have changed the name of the WLAN radio network and the password of the network key on my FritzBox 7590 And although I saved all changes in the FritzBox program, I can only access the WLAN with the old network key. What could be the reason...
  9. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates: After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry as something this simple and widely used should not be broken in the updates. I've tried many solutions suggested all over...
  10. THE "ADVANCED RECOVERY OPTIONS" IS IN A RUSSIAN LANGUAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THE "ADVANCED RECOVERY OPTIONS" IS IN A RUSSIAN LANGUAGE: My computer broke recently, and I tried to recover it and it was fine. But, why is the advanced recovery options in a russian language? I have to use Google Translate on my phone to recover my laptop. But is there anyway to change the language?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows upgrade to 1809 keyboard language changed