Windows 10: After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow

Discus and support After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was slow after Windows 10 1903 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 123456786, Jul 20, 2020.

1. 123456786 Win User

After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow

My computer was slow after Windows 10 1903 update

:)

123456786, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 20, 2020
  3. ac1113 Win User
    Another Windows 10 slow boot up question

To Stefano

After completing the first set of steps you suggested, my boot time has now gone to 20min. After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow :( I am trying to get to scandisk to see if it is a disk error, but i have defragged it previously.

To Kapil,

I managed to get it to the command prompt selection, but then it just skips the request and goes in to boot mode. Do I have to run sysconfig in troubleshooting mode or can I just run it as an admin once it boots?

To Peter,

I tried everything you suggested. The slow boot up is after my reset of win10.

ac1113, Jul 20, 2020
  4. DLO604 Win User

not booting after atiflash

how to boot up after bad flash?

i was trying to flash the bios using atiflash but it seems it didn't work since after i enter the command "atiflash -p 0 (biosname)" it just went back to a:/ after some messages

then i rebooted my comp and it just stuck to a black screen that doesn't seem to boot up

so is there a way to fix it? does the pci trick work and how do u do it?
    or is there some way to get it boot up and let me reflash it with the orginal bios?

DLO604, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. After Windows 1903, it boots fast, but after I boot up, it gets slow - Similar Threads - 1903 boots fast

2. Windows slow after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slow after boot: When I boot up, outlook takes 10 mins 2 activate, Edge takes 5 mins. Using Task manager it's spending 100% CPU servicing interrupts. This has only happened since the previos Win updates. Anyone got any clues?...
  3. Windows slow after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows slow after boot: When I boot up, outlook takes 10 mins 2 activate, Edge takes 5 mins. Using Task manager it's spending 100% CPU servicing interrupts. This has only happened since the previos Win updates. Anyone got any clues?...
  4. 100% Disk usage after boot up and booting is slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk usage after boot up and booting is slow: Hello, I have a 1TB HDD and the problem is the boot-up process is very slow. What I tried: 1. Clean boot 2. Remove unnecessary startup things 3. I ran chkdsk 4. Cleaned big chunks of temp files using CCleaner 5. Defrag the drives. It improves a little bit but just a...
  5. Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903

Slow boot and shutdown after updating to 1903: I've updated my windows from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and have noticed starting up my PC took significant longer. Usually it takes 10-15 seconds from completely off to the login screen but after the update the PC will show a black screen after the boot loading screen and stays...
  6. slow boot after 1903 update

slow boot after 1903 update: Hello, I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. SSD is used as a system disk and HDD is for storage. Recently I updated my Windows 10 Home 1703 version directly to 1903 version and the update installed some files on my HDD instead of SSD. The problem that occurs now is a slow boot...
  7. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  8. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  9. Slow Ultra Fast Boot

Slow Ultra Fast Boot: Windows 10 Pro x64 PL installed in UEFI mode Asrock Z87 Extreme3 with newest UEFI I5-4690k Gigabyte GTX970 Gaming G1 with newest vbios SSD Goodram C40 240 GB connected to first SATA port 2 x 4 GB DDR3 RAM My problem is slow system start even if i set Ultra Fast Boot...
  10. Fast boot, slow restart

Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...