Windows 10: After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows...

Discus and support After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sooooooo, I updated my computer to Windows 1903 Jun 12th and it was fine the next day. But after shutting off for the night the computer ended up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cybernotes, Jun 23, 2019.

1. After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows...

Sooooooo, I updated my computer to Windows 1903 Jun 12th and it was fine the next day. But after shutting off for the night the computer ended up with the black screen. I went through hoops this past week searching and searching and finally fixed the bootloader. But now I have been struggling with getting the Windows Updater to connect to the internet. I am connected because I can use my Chrome browser just fine but anything related to Windows and the internet is hitting a wall. Plus my sound card is not working I tried several things I found on the internet and it doesn't work. I really don't want to reset the system (keeping the files) because I have a ton of software that I do not want to go through the trouble re downloading. I also in a weird way enjoy trying to troubleshoot what is going on even though I am not formally trained in IT (I'm the techie in my family). I would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me or provide me with any suggestions. System reset is my very last option I truly want to avoid. Thanks again!!

:)

cybernotes, Jun 23, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 23, 2019
  3. How to change Windows starting sound in Win7?

Right click on your desktop then from the list choose Personalise and this window should open.

After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows... 12345.jpg

If you look at the bottom of my pic you should see the windows sounds option, I have put a red circle round this in the pic.

Click on sounds and another box will load and here you should have the option to change the startup sound.

After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows... 123.jpg

You can choose you own sound by using the browse button.

You can also use the dropdown list to set a windows sound and this should not effect any other sounds as far as i remember.

animal007uk, Jun 23, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows...

1. After Windows 1903 Update: Had a round of bad bcd and then sound not working and windows... - Similar Threads - 1903 Update round

2. Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound drivers 1903 not working after update 1809 working fine: Hi I have creative audigy 2 I have rollback each time after updating. After updating sound does not work. Have tried updating drivivers etc still nothing...
  3. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound lost after Windows update to 1903: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable,...
  4. No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809

No sound after windows 10 update 1903 or 1909 but works with 1809: Hi after updating to both windows 10 1903 and then 1909 my Creative Audigy 2 zs platinum Pro sound card will not omit any sound. Even the on board Realtek sound will not work too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, using the latest drivers, enabling/...
  5. Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update

Windows 1903, 5.1 sound does not work after update: Hi, I updated my Windows 10 (1809) to 1903 and my subwoofer no longer works. The configuration is the same on the realtek panel and the subwoofer seems to be connected. It simply works as stereo and 5.1 surround sound does not work. How can I solve this problem? Thank you....
  6. No sound after updating to 1903

No sound after updating to 1903: So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail. Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and...
  7. no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hdmi sound after windows 10 update 1903: My laptop updated windows 10 last week but since then I have been unable to play sound through my hdmi cable to my tv. This means I can't watch netflix or youtube videos. I had a look in the Sound box and then at Playback. In that box only my computer speakers appear. My tv...
  8. Windows 1903 update had done it again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1903 update had done it again: My computer will not reinstall google chrome, which the 1903 update maliciously removed, because the system administrator has set a group policy preventing it. Well I AM the system administrator, or at least I sure as hell better be, of my little three computer home...
  9. Mic quality bad after update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic quality bad after update 1903: So after the 1903 update earlier this week. My laptop's built in Mic makes me sound like a robot or glitched as my friends have said to me in calls. I have tried multiple methods even updating drivers and installing and uninstalling drivers but nothing is working. Maybe...
  10. HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903

HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903: Hi guys i have a problem with my laptop asus. No sound in my TV and just showing video. This happen when i update my windows to 1903. Before i update work fine no prob. I can't roll back. I'm search this problem Youtube anything it doesn't work. MY VGA was lastest updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 bcd

2. 1903 bcd problem