Windows 10: After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

Discus and support After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, so I have Lenovo IdeaPad laptop and I had Win 1909 everything was working smoothly but Microsoft started pushing the 20H2 update so I was forced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Random_Number, Apr 20, 2021.

1. After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

Hey,

so I have Lenovo IdeaPad laptop and I had Win 1909 everything was working smoothly but Microsoft started pushing the 20H2 update so I was forced to install it. After installation my mic was not working at all I ran the troubleshooter and somehow my mic was muted and it was fixed. So now my mic works but I used to mute/unmute my mic with special function keys like F4 will mute/unmute my mic but this is now not working at all I tried reinstalling the sound driver, the microphone is set to default... nothing works.

Any help?

:)

Random_Number, Apr 20, 2021

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I have an HP ProBook 6440b with a Win 10 Pro os. My problem is the volume mute light (#5 in the service manual, page 2-6). The switch works o.k. and shows when the mute function is on or off on the desktop but the light stays orange (muted position) regardless of the function being on or off. I know that the blue color is there as I see it flicker so slightly during upbooting but I can´t find out how to have the blue color show when the speakers are not muted. The wireless button (#4; page 2-6) changes color and the function works properly when pushed (tried it as a function comparison test) so I think this may be a slight software glitch in the sound system code but how to find and fix is way beyond my knowledge and skills. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please do tell but baby steps please as my computer skills are truly limited (old dog, new trick syndrome rules here).

mrsnakeman, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 20, 2021
  4. mahahual Win User

After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

1. After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone - Similar Threads - 20H2 special function

2. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  3. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  4. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function: As per the title: It's now 2021, videoconferencing is a reality of day to day life for many people, others do podcasting and videocasting. We've had an integrated mute speakers function in Windows for some time, and you can utilize this via multimedia keyboards or assign...
  6. Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?: Hi! I need to have a push-to-mute ability (not a toggle) for my microphone(s) that I would call from a mouse button. I know about Autohotkey so it could be part of the solution. But I can't find a software capable of muting during a keypress. I've only found programs...
  7. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  8. Special keys and function keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Special keys and function keys: Recently I started having a problem with the special keys and function keys. When I want to enlarge or decrease the volume F6 ,F7, F8 nothing happens or select the pages link, or when I press F5 it's resets the whole page that I was. I tried to look for something at the...
  9. Microphone muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone muted: Don't matter how many times I have restarted my computer, I have reset it also. I can not unmute the mic in the microphone settings. I have spent hours looking at ways to fix it but it doesn't seem like many others have had the same problem. I have sat here and clicked it a...
  10. muting microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    muting microphone: why does my microphone keep muting itself after every restart? [img] 4293