Windows 10: After Windows Fresh Start, do I need Mfg software to update drivers?

Discus and support After Windows Fresh Start, do I need Mfg software to update drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did a Fresh Start on my HP Spectre x360. Prior to that, I had used the HP support software to identify and download driver updates. After the Fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkWetzelWNY, Dec 7, 2018.

1. After Windows Fresh Start, do I need Mfg software to update drivers?

I did a Fresh Start on my HP Spectre x360. Prior to that, I had used the HP support software to identify and download driver updates. After the Fresh Start all of the HP software is gone. That is fine to me. However, I was wondering if I actually need that software to keep drivers & bios up-to-date, or if Windows Update will provide updates when needed.

:)

MarkWetzelWNY, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 7, 2018
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

4. Monk.e83 Win User

After Windows Fresh Start, do I need Mfg software to update drivers?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

After Windows Fresh Start, do I need Mfg software to update drivers?

1. After Windows Fresh Start, do I need Mfg software to update drivers? - Similar Threads - Fresh Start need

2. do I need any driver updating software beyond the windows own function for this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do I need any driver updating software beyond the windows own function for this: I repeat this, Do I or do I not need any driver updating software in my Windows in addition to the included functions for this in W?This issue I was concerned with this when I used earlier Windows versions, but that is some time ago, and I did then update my pc's this way,...
  3. do I need any driver updating software beyond the windows own function for this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do I need any driver updating software beyond the windows own function for this: I repeat this, Do I or do I not need any driver updating software in my Windows in addition to the included functions for this in W?This issue I was concerned with this when I used earlier Windows versions, but that is some time ago, and I did then update my pc's this way,...
  4. do I need any driver updating software beyond the windows own function for this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. do i need to install drivers after a fresh installation of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    do i need to install drivers after a fresh installation of windows: I want to upgrade my storage with ssd i will install fresh windows in it and use old hdd for storage . will i need to install drivers seperately after the fresh installation and what steps should i do after the install...
  6. Do I need to do a Fresh Start reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to do a Fresh Start reset?: Hello! I was wondering if my problems would get fixed with a fresh reset. As soon as I turn my pc on, it starts fanning. This started happening since the newest update. My cpu also stays at 100% even when killing tasks. Is it worth a reset? View Poll submitted by...
  7. Do I need a fresh install after replacing mainboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need a fresh install after replacing mainboard?: Hello everyone So I have windows 10 pro on my desktop and my mainboard died on me. I was wondering if requires a fresh install if the main board was replaced with another brand/model. I don't want to have to reinstall windows, and the copy of windows I have doesn't have the...
  8. Software/Driver disapeared after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software/Driver disapeared after update: There was a recent update including Servicing stack/cumulative update for windows 10. I am now missing multiple different software and drivers. Is this due to the update? Also is there any where to go to restore them or get them back?...
  9. Do I need to disable any anti-intrusion software before I start the update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to disable any anti-intrusion software before I start the update?: Do I need to disable any anti-intrusion software before I start the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-disable-any-anti-intrusion-software/04f67455-01da-401e-bf67-8bab07abf311"
  10. Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start: Running Windows 10 Home Edition (since Fresh Start, it says Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447). I've just spent hours backing up, opting for Fresh Restart and selecting the keep nothing option. I was actually intending to do a clean install from a media usb I created ages...