Windows 10: After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing

Discus and support After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Calculator, sticky notes... started to disappear. Have tried several methods on the internet but none works. Calculator, sticky notes are no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jagman, Jun 13, 2020.

1. jagman Win User

After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing

Calculator, sticky notes... started to disappear. Have tried several methods on the internet but none works.
    Calculator, sticky notes are no longer listed in "Apps", totally gone.
    I miss them, have tried MICROSOFT STORE but no help.

:)

jagman, Jun 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Jun 13, 2020
  4. After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing

1. After Windows INSTALLED A NEW REALEASE [AUTO] My Apps started missing - Similar Threads - INSTALLED REALEASE AUTO

2. The new media player app goes missing after installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new media player app goes missing after installation.: I have installed the new Media player from Windows store at least 10 times. Each time it is available normally for a day or so. After that it somehow goes missing and I can't find a trace of it. On windows store page, it again asks to be installed. Any idea how it is...
  3. The new media player app goes missing after installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The new media player app goes missing after installation.: I have installed the new Media player from Windows store at least 10 times. Each time it is available normally for a day or so. After that it somehow goes missing and I can't find a trace of it. On windows store page, it again asks to be installed. Any idea how it is...
  4. When will Windows 12 Realease?

When will Windows 12 Realease?: I just had a doubt that, when will a new OS release after Windows 11? Nothing much.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-windows-12-realease/ae2f1bed-e175-41ef-8d9f-930d73675025
  5. Auto-Start apps on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Start apps on startup: Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then,...
  6. New Windows realease?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows realease?: Or will it stay as an incremental download as it stands ATM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-realease/cab288ed-0d3e-45fd-8674-2bc7f67cd6d3
  7. when will the new verision of microsoft windows will realease?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when will the new verision of microsoft windows will realease?: hello hepe everyone one is fine we all know the users of microsoft are eagerly waiting for new windows and we want answer that when will the new windows arrive. But i must suggest that windows would be like 7 because windows 7 was the legendry windows and forgeting it is not...
  8. How to auto-start my own .NET app when Windows starts?

How to auto-start my own .NET app when Windows starts?: Hi, I'm having some trouble auto-starting my own application when Win10 starts / user logs in (auto-login enabled). I'm moving my application to a new machine running Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.19041.329]. Before it was running on Windows 7 and there I just copied a...
  9. Auto enhance missing in Photos app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto enhance missing in Photos app: Ever since the latest update on my PC, the Photos app is not working correctly. The auto enhance feature is completely missing. I am able to adjust my photos manually, but I really enjoyed the Auto feature that used to be available. Please help!!...
  10. How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup: Hi , I need some im trying to setup a third party app to run after windows login startup , i need also this app to auto login since it requires credential to run , app doesn't have any option for auto run or auto login thats why i need to find a way to do it from win or...